QB Russell Wilson on working with HC Sean Payton: 'He's one of the best coaches to ever coach this game'
Quarterback Russell Wilson talks about what it's been like working with Head Coach Sean Payton and how he's feeling physically this offseason.
Unbeatable Moments: Russell Wilson's connection with Jerry Jeudy ignites Broncos in win over Chargers
Russell Wilson's 57-yard bomb to Jerry Jeudy right before halftime on Sunday was the spark the offense needed to come back and beat Los Angeles 31-28 in the season finale.
Russell Wilson's best throws from his three-TD game in Week 18 | Broncos vs. Chargers
Watch all of the best throws made by Denver Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson from his 3-touchdown game in Week 18 of the 2022 NFL season.
Russell Wilson: 'We are going to turn this thing around'
Quarterback Russell Wilson meets the media following the Broncos' 31-28 victory over the Chargers.
Russell Wilson finds Courtland Sutton for WR's first touchdown since Week 4 | Broncos vs. Chargers
Quarterback Russell Wilson lofts a 20-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Courtland Sutton during the Broncos' Week 18 game against the Chargers.
Russell Wilson locates Freddie Swain for 52-yard gain | Broncos vs. Chargers
Quarterback Russell Wilson finds wide receiver Freddie Swain downfield for a 52-yard reception during the Broncos' Week 18 game against the Chargers.
Jerry Jeudy picks up 25 yards on catch-and-run | Broncos vs. Chargers
Quarterback Russell Wilson finds wide receiver Jerry Jeudy for a 25-yard gain during the Broncos' Week 18 game against the Chargers.
Russell Wilson finds Jerry Jeudy with 50-yard dime | Broncos vs. Chargers
Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy hauls in a 50-yard bomb from quarterback Russell Wilson during the Broncos' Week 18 game against the Chargers.
Eric Tomlinson scores game-tying touchdown before halftime | Broncos vs. Chargers
Quarterback Russell Wilson finds tight end Eric Tomlinson in the end zone during the Broncos' Week 18 game against the Chargers.
Russell Wilson finds Jerry Jeudy for a 58-yard gain | Broncos vs. Chargers
Quarterback Russell Wilson finds wide receiver Jerry Jeudy for a 58-yard gain at the end of the first half vs. the Chargers.
Russell Wilson, Derwin James lead moment of support for Damar Hamlin to start Broncos' Week 18 game vs. Chargers
Quarterback Russell Wilson and Chargers safety Derwin James lead a moment of support for Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin at midfield ahead of the Broncos vs. Chargers game.
Russell Wilson on Bills S Damar Hamlin: 'I'm just praying that he can just overcome it all'
Quarterback Russell Wilson discusses the outpouring of prayers and support for Bills safety Damar Hamlin following his injury on "Monday Night Football."
Russell Wilson: 'I'm excited about where we are going'
Russell Wilson meets the media following the Broncos' 27-24 loss to the Chiefs.
Russell Wilson notches second rushing TD of the day | Broncos at Chiefs
Quarterback Russell Wilson makes it a one-score game with his second rushing touchdown of the day during the Broncos' Week 17 game against the Chiefs.
Russell Wilson finds Albert Okwuegbunam for a 25-yard touchdown | Broncos at Chiefs
Quarterback Russell Wilson finds tight end Albert Okwuegbunam wide open in the end zone for a 25-yard touchdown vs. the Chiefs.
Russell Wilson lofts pass to Chase Edmonds over Chiefs defenders for 27-yard catch-and-run | Broncos at Chiefs
Quarterback Russell Wilson's floater lands in running back Chase Edmonds' grasp for a 27-yard catch and run before the end of the first half vs. the Chiefs.
Russell Wilson rushes for a 16-yard touchdown | Broncos at Chiefs
Quarterback Russell Wilson rushes for a 16-yard touchdown to give the Broncos a 10-6 lead in the second quarter.
Russell Wilson: 'We've got to be better, and it starts with me'
Quarterback Russell Wilson talks about the team's mindset heading into the final two games and shares his reaction to the Broncos moving on from Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett.
Russell Wilson: 'We are at a low moment right now'
Russell Wilson meets the media following the Broncos' 51-14 loss to the Rams.
Russell Wilson finds Jerry Jeudy for 36-yard gain | Broncos at Rams
Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy hauls in a 36-yard catch during the Broncos' Week 16 game against the Rams.
Russell Wilson picks up first down on 15-yard rush | Broncos at Rams
Quarterback Russell Wilson rushes for 15 yards to pick up the first down during the Broncos' Week 16 game against the Rams.
Jerry Jeudy flashes juke moves and sparks 23-yard pickup | Broncos at Rams
Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy flashes juke moves that spark a 23-yard pickup vs. the Rams in the first quarter.
Russell Wilson zips 20-yard completion to Courtland Sutton | Broncos at Rams
Quarterback Russell Wilson finds wide receiver Courtland Sutton over the middle for a 20-yard gain during the Broncos' Week 16 game against the Rams.
Russell Wilson: 'I'm excited to get back on the field'
Russell Wilson talks about his eagerness to get back on the field and continue the Broncos' recent momentum on offense this week against the Rams.
|1||@Seahawks||L 16 - 17||29||42||340||8.1||1||0||2||10||101.3||1||2||2||0|
|2||Texans||W 16 - 9||14||31||219||7.1||1||1||3||18||66.5||2||3||1.5||0|
|3||49ers||W 11 - 10||20||33||184||5.6||0||0||4||24||75.8||6||17||2.8||0||0||0|
|4||@Raiders||L 23 - 32||17||25||237||9.5||2||0||3||23||124.9||4||29||7.2||1|
|5||Colts||L 9 - 12||21||39||274||7||0||2||4||24||54.9||4||22||5.5||0||1||0|
|6||@Chargers||L 16 - 19||15||28||188||6.7||1||0||4||28||86.6||4||23||5.8||0|
|7||Jets||L 9 - 16|
|8||@Jaguars||W 21 - 17||18||30||252||8.4||1||1||3||22||84.3||4||17||4.2||0|
|10||@Titans||L 10 - 17||21||42||286||6.8||1||1||6||38||70.1||7||8||1.1||0||3||0|
|11||Raiders||L 16 - 22||24||31||247||8||0||0||3||21||99.8||1||8||8||0|
|12||@Panthers||L 10 - 23||19||35||142||4.1||1||0||3||17||73.8||2||8||4||0||1||1|
|13||@Ravens||L 9 - 10||17||22||189||8.6||0||0||2||5||102.3||2||21||10.5||0|
|14||Chiefs||L 28 - 34||23||36||247||6.9||3||1||6||49||100.1||4||57||14.2||0|
|15||Cardinals||W 24 - 15|
|16||@Rams||L 14 - 51||15||27||214||7.9||1||3||6||40||54.2||2||17||8.5||0|
|17||@Chiefs||L 24 - 27||26||38||222||5.8||1||1||4||32||81.2||4||27||6.8||2||1||1|
|18||Chargers||W 31 - 28||13||24||283||11.8||3||1||2||17||118.6||8||18||2.2||0|
WILSON AT A GLANCE:
- A nine-time Pro Bowl quarterback from the University of Wisconsin who started all 158 regular-season games and 16 postseason contests with Seattle (2012-21).
- Completed 3,079-of-4,735 passes (65.0%) for 37,059 yards with 292 touchdowns and 82 interceptions (101.8 rtg) during his first 10 NFL seasons.
- Tallied 846 rushes for 4,689 yards (5.5 avg.) with 23 touchdowns and four receptions for 20 yards (5.0 avg.) with one score in his career.
- Recognized as the lone quarterback in NFL history to accumulate 35,000+ passing yards and 4,500 or more rushing yards for his career.
- Started all 16 postseasons games in his career, completing 275-of-451 passes (61.0%) for 3,786 yards with 25 touchdowns and 12 interceptions (95.3 rtg).
- Posted Top-10 rankings in touchdown passes (292—2nd), completions (3,079—4th), passing yards (37,059—4th), passer rating (101.8—4th) and completion percentage (65.0—9th) among active quarterbacks.
- Collected 105 regular-season wins since 2012, ranking him first among active quarterbacks.
- Amassed a 100 or higher passer rating in seven of his 10 seasons and is one of four quarterbacks (Patrick Mahomes, K.C.; DeShaun Watson, Hou.; Aaron Rodgers, G.B.) to have a career passer rating of 100 or higher.
- Registered eight 3,000-yard, 25-passing touchdown seasons and has four 30-touchdown, 100-passer rating seasons.
- Opened all 14 games played with Seattle in 2021, completing 259-of-400 passes (64.8%) for 3,113 yards with 25 touchdowns and six interceptions (103.1 rtg).
- Posted career highs in completions (384), completion percentage (68.8), passing yards (4,212) and touchdowns (40) in 2020.
- Nabbed his third career 4,000-yard passing season (4,110), threw a career-low five interceptions (5) and had 31 touchdowns (106.3 rtg) in 2019.
- Totaled a career-high 110.9 passer rating in 2018, and completed 280-of-427 passes (65.6%) for 3,448 yards with 35 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Completed 339-of-553 passes (61.3%) for 3,983 yards with 34 touchdowns and 11 interceptions (95.4 rtg) in 2017.
- Recorded a career-high 4,219 passing yards in 2016 to go along with 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions (92.6 rtg).
- Became the first Seahawks quarterback to lead the NFL in passer rating (110.1) and was first quarterback in NFL history to pass for 4,000+ yards (4,024), rush for 500+ yards (553) and have 30 or more touchdown passes in 2015.
- Registered a career highs in rushes (118), rushing yards (849) and rushing touchdowns (6) in 2014 while completing 285-of-452 passes (63.1%) for 3,475 yards with 20 scores and seven interceptions (95.0 rtg).
- Completed 18-of-25 passes (72.0%) for 206 yards with two touchdowns and became the third-youngest quarterback in NFL history to win the Super Bowl, leading Seattle to a 43-8 win over Denver in Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Started all 16 games in his second season, completing 257-of-407 passes (63.1%) for 3,357 yards with 26 touchdowns and nine interceptions (101.2 rtg).
- Tied Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning's 1998 record for most touchdown passes by a rookie (26) in 2012, and became the first rookie in NFL history to lead his team to an undefeated home record.
- Appeared in 51 games over four seasons at North Carolina (2008-10) and Wisconsin (2011), completing 907-of-1,489 passes (60.9%) for 11,720 yards with 109 touchdowns and 30 interceptions (147.2 rtg).
- Acquired by Denver via trade (Sea.) on March 8, 2022.
- Selected by the Seahawks in the third round (75th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
'I want to be the best version of me': QB Russell Wilson holds himself to high standard as Broncos OTAs begin
"You always want to be in the best shape of your life," Wilson said. "I'm ready for that. I feel better than ever."
'We are going to turn this thing around': Russell Wilson surges late as Broncos look ahead to 2023
"There's nothing in my body that questions if he's going to be able to come back and be All-Pro and a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback next year for us," Courtland Sutton said.
Russell Wilson nominated for Air Player of the Week following Week 18 game vs. Chargers
Wilson threw for three touchdowns in the Broncos' win over the Chargers.
'We're here to raise you up, and we support you': Broncos continuing to hold Bills S Damar Hamlin in their thoughts as they return to the field
"I'm just glad he's still here with us right now, and I'm praying that he just overcomes it all," Russell Wilson said.
'We want a winner': Russell Wilson details what he hopes Broncos' new head coach will bring to Denver
No matter which direction the Broncos choose to go, Wilson said he's hopeful Denver brings in someone that will lead the team to the success that eluded it this season.
'I'm excited to get back on the field': Russell Wilson hopes to sustain Broncos' positive momentum in his return
After clearing the concussion protocol and getting an extra game to rest, Wilson is set to play in Sunday's game against the Rams.
Injury Report: Russell Wilson passes NFL concussion protocol, will not play vs. Cardinals
"As an organization, we've decided to give him another week to get ready so he's ready to go for the Los Angeles Rams," Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett said Friday.
Injury Report: Russell Wilson returns to practice as limited participant
Additionally, defensive end Dre'Mont Jones is seeing a hip specialist after suffering an injury during the Broncos' game against the Chiefs.
Mile High Morning: Why Jerry Jeudy's performance vs. Chiefs could signal future success
"Each touchdown catch by the third-year Broncos wide receiver came on a play in the red zone, and on each occasion, Jeudy demonstrated how his knack for creating separation can beat defenders even in the crowded real estate around the goal line," The Athletic's Nick Kosmider wrote.
Injury Report: Russell Wilson remains in concussion protocol and does not practice, will work through 'increased physical activity'
"We want to be sure that we're taking care of him and his well-being, and we're doing what's right for Russell," Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett said Wednesday.
Hot Topics: Russell Wilson's mobility helps unlock Broncos' scoring potential vs. Chiefs
"I give so much credit to that guy," Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett said. "He was a dog last night. He wanted to take that game over."
Injury Report: Russell Wilson's safety 'the No. 1 biggest priority' after suffering concussion vs. Chiefs
"Right now, we're just concerned for his safety," Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett said. "… We'll take that day by day and continually talk to our medical team and to Russell."
'The guy's out there battling his a** off': Russell Wilson, Broncos nearly battle back vs. Chiefs in best offensive performance of season
"That, to me, is somebody I want to follow," Brett Rypien said of Wilson after the game.
#KCvsDEN postgame injury update: QB Russell Wilson in concussion protocol after exiting Week 14 game vs. Chiefs
Running back Mike Boone, wide receiver Kendall Hinton and outside linebacker Jake Martin also suffered injuries during the game.
Broncos recognize 2022 Community Champion Award winners during Friday's team meeting
Since Jan. 1, 2022, 110 players have volunteered with 138 nonprofit organizations and schools, totaling more than 1,100 hours of service.
'I respect the heck out of Russell Wilson': Broncos veterans, HC Nathaniel Hackett express support for Russell Wilson
"He keeps coming out here and working," Hackett said. "Heck, he may work harder. I didn't think you could. I give him so much credit for that — to keep his head down, keep working with all the different people that he's gone out there on that field with. I just give him so much credit for that — all the different lineups that we've had. He just keeps grinding, keeps trying to make a play, keeps fighting — no matter what."
Mile High Morning: WR Brandon Johnson scores first career touchdown on QB Russell Wilson's 300th TD pass
"To score his first touchdown, what a blessing," Wilson said. "Obviously, he worked. He's been working so hard. He's done an amazing job."
'We've got to get the losing out of our system': Broncos suffer largest defeat of season, falling 23-10 to Panthers
The Broncos' eighth loss of the season wasn't particularly close, though it was still just as painful.
Mile High Morning: How Broncos players are celebrating Thanksgiving
"It's an important time to celebrate your family and loved ones," quarterback Russell Wilson said.
Russell Wilson emphasizes third-quarter improvement ahead of Broncos' matchup with Panthers
As the Broncos look to improve their offensive performance, they'll focus their attention on a 15-minute period that has been particularly unkind to them during a difficult start to the season.
'It starts with me': Russell Wilson focused on improving play to help Broncos kick-start offense
"We need two more touchdowns a game," Russell Wilson said. "I know how to do that. We'll find that. We'll figure that out."
Mile High Morning: Why a fast tempo may be key for the Broncos' offense
"When the tempo went up, [Jacksonville] couldn't stop our offense," wide receiver Jerry Jeudy said. "We were just driving down the field consistently and scoring, so I feel like that should be a big part of this weekend."
'You have to have a playoff mentality': Broncos face critical test vs. AFC South-leading Titans
With a win, the Broncos would earn their first victory of the season over a team with a winning record. They would garner their first true road win, and they would knock off a team that has advanced to the postseason in each of the last three years. The Broncos would also climb back to 4-5 with a win and firmly reinsert themselves into the wild-card race.
Burning Questions: Can Russell Wilson's return boost the Broncos' offense in London?
In the midst of a four-game losing streak, the Broncos will aim to earn a win against the Jaguars (2-5) to gain a bit of momentum before the bye week.
2022 in focus: Our favorite photos of the Broncos' quarterbacks from the 2022 season
With the 2022 season in the books, we've collected our favorite photos of each position group from game days throughout the year. First up: quarterbacks.
Photos: Broncos players visit Urban Peak for holiday celebration and make gingerbread houses
On Monday, several Broncos players visited Urban Peak for a holiday celebration that included an activity making gingerbread houses.
The Broncos' top portraits of 2022: Quarterbacks
The Broncos let their personalities shine during the annual portrait shoot. Get a closer look at the quarterbacks' time in the spotlight with these photos.
Photos: Russell Wilson hosts his first Russell Wilson Passing Academy as a Bronco
On Friday, Russell Wilson hosted his first Russell Wilson Passing Academy in the Denver metro area, bringing together hundreds of kids to learn more about football.