Eyioma Uwazurike on adjusting to the NFL: 'I'm at the level where the best play'
After signing his rookie contract on Thursday, fourth-round pick Eyioma Uwazurike talked about what he learned during the offseason program.
Uwazurike ready to showcase size, speed and quickness
Fourth-round pick Eyioma Uwazurike talks about learning the playbook and how he will fit in with the Broncos' defensive line, as Denver wraps up rookie minicamp on Saturday.
The Call: Fourth-round pick Eyioma Uwazurike becomes a Bronco
Iowa State DE Eyioma Uwazurike talks to GM George Paton and Broncos coaches after being selected in the fourth round.
Assistant GM Darren Mougey: Damarri Mathis' 'athleticism and toughness stands out' in person
Assistant GM Darren Mougey talks about picking back-to-back in the fourth-round of the NFL Draft and what he likes about CB Damarri Mathis and DE Eyioma Uwazurike.
2022 NFL Draft highlights: Fourth-round pick Eyioma Uwazurike
Watch college highlights of 2022 fourth-round pick DE Eyioma Uwazurike, whom the Broncos drafted with the 116th-overall pick.
|1||@Seahawks||L 16 - 17|
|2||Texans||W 16 - 9|
|3||49ers||W 11 - 10|
UWAZURIKE AT A GLANCE:
- A defensive lineman who recorded 144 tackles (70 solo), 15 sacks (104 yds.), three passes defensed, two fumble recoveries and two blocked kicks during his five collegiate seasons (2017-21) at Iowa State University.
- Earned First-Team All-Big 12 (2021), Second-Team Academic All-Big 12 (2021) and honorable mention All-Big 12 (2019-20) accolades during his collegiate career.
- Started all 13 games played in 2021, posting 42 tackles (16 solo), nine sacks (74 yds.), one pass defensed and one blocked kick.
- Tallied 27 tackles (16 solo), three sacks (18 yds.), one pass defensed and one blocked kick while starting all 12 games played in 2020.
- Opened all 13 games played in 2019, recording 32 tackles (19 solo), 1.5 sacks (8 yds.), one pass defensed and two fumble recoveries (1 TD).
- Started 8-of-9 games played in 2018, collecting 27 tackles (12 solo) and one sack (1 yd.).
- Appeared in 13 games during his redshirt freshman season in 2017, totaling 16 tackles (7 solo) and one half sack (3 yds.).
- Prepped at Southfield-Lathrup High School (Lathrup Village, Mich.), where he was a two-time team defensive MVP, a Detroit Free Press First-Team All-North honoree and an Oakland Athletic Association All-Association selection during his tenure.
- Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (116th overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.