'It's time to go': Damarri Mathis reflects on Broncos' offseason program, seeing Russell Wilson for the first time
Fourth-round pick Damarri Mathis talks about his "Welcome to the NFL" moment after he signed his rookie contract on Thursday.
'I feel like it was a pretty good day as a group': CB Damarri Mathis on Day 1 of rookie minicamp
Cornerback Damarri Mathis meets with the media during rookie minicamp to discuss his impressions of the 2022 draft class, getting to work with Pat Surtain II, Ronald Darby and more.
The Call: Fourth-round pick Damarri Mathis becomes a Bronco
Pittsburgh CB Damarri Mathis talks to GM George Paton and Broncos coaches after being selected in the fourth round.
Assistant GM Darren Mougey: Damarri Mathis' 'athleticism and toughness stands out' in person
Assistant GM Darren Mougey talks about picking back-to-back in the fourth-round of the NFL Draft and what he likes about CB Damarri Mathis and DE Eyioma Uwazurike.
2022 NFL Draft highlights: Fourth-round pick Damarri Mathis
Watch college highlights of 2022 fourth-round pick CB Damarri Mathis, whom the Broncos drafted with the 115th-overall pick.
|1||@Seahawks||L 16 - 17|
|2||Texans||W 16 - 9||5||5||0||0||0||1||0|
|3||49ers||W 11 - 10|
MATHIS AT A GLANCE:
- A cornerback who appeared in 49 career games (25 starts) over four seasons (2017-19, '21) at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Recorded 87 tackles (66 solo), five interceptions (65 yds., 1 TD) and 19 passes defensed during his collegiate career.
- Started all 13 games played in 2021, registering 44 tackles, (32 solo), two interceptions (50 yds., 1 TD) and six passes defensed.
- Did not see action in 2020 after suffering a season-ending injury in preseason.
- Opened 10-of-13 games played in 2019, collecting 23 tackles (19 solo), two interceptions (15 yds.) and 11 passes defensed.
- Totaled 18 tackles (13 solo), one interception and one pass defensed in 14 games (2 starts) played in 2018.
- Appeared in nine games in a reserve role in 2017, totaling two solo tackles and one pass defensed.
- Prepped at Lakeland (Fla.) Senior High School, where he compiled 73 tackles, five interceptions and 27 pass breakups during his varsity career.
- Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (115th overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.
Mile High Morning: Defensive Coordinator Ejiro Evero finds early success with Broncos
"I think he is a top-three DC right now," defensive end Dre'Mont Jones said.
Mile High Morning: Rookie Damarri Mathis shows potential after filling in for Pat Surtain II in Week 2
"The thing about Damarri is, it's not too big for him," Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett said.
Broncos sign fourth-round picks Damarri Mathis and Eyioma Uwazurike
All nine members of the Broncos' draft class are now under contract.
'Anything to help the team win': Broncos rookies embracing opportunity to play on special teams
"I want to come in here and show all my abilities the best way I can and be a great team player," Damarri Mathis said. "However I can fit in, [I want to] get in and help the team win."