Is T.J. Hockenson vs. Noah Fant the best rookie matchup of 2019?
Kay Adams of "Good Morning Football" discusses this season's matchup between Broncos tight end Noah Fant and Detroit Lions tight end T. J. Hockenson, who both played at Iowa in 2018. Fant vs. Hockenson, she argues, could be the best matchup this season between former teammates.
Broncos rookies tee it up at TopGolf for 'A Round with the Rookies'
Broncos rookies Noah Fant, Dalton Risner, Drew Lock, Dre'Mont Jones and Brett Rypien were all wired for sound as they took their best swings at TopGolf for "A Round with the Rookies" presented by Coca-Cola. Money raised from the event will go toward a community initiative chosen by the rookie class.
First-round pick Noah Fant gets the call from the Broncos
Listen in as President of Football Operations/GM John Elway, Head Coach Vic Fangio, Tight Ends Coach Wade Harman and Offensive Coordinator Rich Scangarello welcome first-round pick Noah Fant to Denver over the phone after selecting him in the 2019 NFL Draft.
Elway: 'We're excited that Noah's a Bronco'
Moments after selecting tight end Noah Fant with the 20th-overall pick, President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway speaks with Broncos TV's Matt Boyer about the decisions to trade back in the first round and to draft the former Iowa tight end.
FANT AT A GLANCE:
- A tight end who appeared in 36 games (14) starts at the University of Iowa, totaling 78 receptions for 1,083 yards (13.9 avg.) with 19 touchdowns during his collegiate career (2016-18).
- Recorded the most touchdowns (18) by a tight end in college football between his sophomore and junior seasons.
- Finished his career with the most receiving scores (19) by a tight end in school history—a total that ranks third among Big Ten Conference tight ends for a career.
- Chosen to the All-Big Ten First Team and was a semifinalist for the John Mackey Award (nations’ top tight end) as a junior in 2018 after catching 39 passes for 519 yards (13.3 avg.) with seven touchdowns.
- Earned All-Big Ten Third Team honors as a sophomore after finishing with 30 receptions for 494 yards (16.5 avg.) with 11 touchdowns.
- Played 10 games as a true freshman, contributing nine catches for 70 yards (7.8 avg.) with one touchdown.
- Attended Omaha (Neb.) South High School, where he was chosen to the All-Nebraska Team during his sophomore, junior and senior seasons.
- Selected by the Broncos in the first round (20th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.