'It was a special moment': Cushenberry describes an emotional draft night
After being drafted by the Denver Broncos in the third round, Lloyd Cushenberry III describes the moment he got the call from President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway and his mindset as he prepares to enter the NFL.
|2||@Steelers||L 21 - 26||1||1|
|1||Titans||L 14 - 16||1||1|
CUSHENBERRY III AT A GLANCE:
- A rookie center who started 28-of-39 games played at center during his four seasons (2016-19) at Louisiana State University.
- Became the first offensive lineman in school history to be awarded the No. 18 jersey, which is given to the player who best represents what it means to be an LSU player both on and off the field.
- Contributed to the Tigers' 15-0 record in 2019 and the team's College Football Playoff National Championship win.
- Was a part of an offense line that received the Joe Moore Award in 2019, annually given to the Most Outstanding Offensive Line Unit in College Football.
- Helped LSU shatter numerous school offensive records and lead the NCAA in total offense (568.5) and offensive touchdowns (93) while ranking second in passing yards per game (401.6).
- Chosen as second-team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association and the Football Writers Association of America following his final season.
- Was named All-Louisiana as a high school senior at Dutchtown (La.) High School.
- Selected by the Broncos in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Broncos' 2020 draft picks sign rookie contracts, meet John Elway
Nearly all of the Broncos' 2020 draft class arrived at UCHealth Training Center to ink their rookie contracts and meet President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway. (KJ Hamler is not eligible to enter the building until Tuesday after starting his COVID testing a day later than the rest of the group.)