Kahlee Jacoby Hamler was a first-team all-state pick in the Detroit Metro area before transferring to the famed IMG Academy in Florida. He missed his senior season due to injury but still managed to be named a four-star recruit and earn many scholarship offers. An ACL tear forced him to redshirt his first year at Happy Valley but he was healthy enough in 2018 to start all 13 games and garner honorable mention All-Big Ten honors as a receiver (42 receptions, 754 yards, 18.0 average, five touchdowns) and returner (20 kick returns, 523 yards, 26.2 average; 14 punt returns, 96 yards, 6.9 average). Hamler was also a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award as the most versatile player in the country. He started all 13 games as a sophomore, as well, receiving second-team all-conference recognition as a receiver (56 receptions, 904 yards, 16.1 average, eight touchdowns) and honorable mention notice as a returner (24 kick returns, 513 yards, 21.4 average, 23 punt returns, 126 yards, 5.5 average).
Explosive slot target who hits the scales as a lightweight but could have heavyweight impact on games. Hamler's blazing speed is used solo and in route combinations to stress secondaries and create big plays. He had an alarming number of drops in 2019 and the routes are ragged, but his athleticism and separation burst on all three levels helps mitigate those concerns. He's a smallish slot who isn't built for the tough yardage and could have durability concerns if he's run into too many collisions. However, speed kills and his game-breaking potential on all three levels will be enticing as a high-risk, high-reward draft pick.
- Field stretcher from the slot
- Explosive athletic ability with sub-4.40 speed
- Showed press shake against Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah
- Separation burst to open the passing window
- Has glide-and-burst setup move to race past coverage
- Deep speed to separate and stay separated
- Route-running will eventually catch up with the athleticism
- Run after the catch is electrifying
- Darts and weaves for impressive make you miss
- Ability for jet sweep and gadget packages