|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
SIMMONS AT A GLANCE:
- A sixth-year player who is just the fifth safety in Broncos' history to be named a Pro Bowler (2020) and an All-Pro (second-team, 2019) while with the team.
- Played 81 games (71 starts) during his first six seasons with Denver (2016-21), posting 406 tackles (301 solo), two sacks (15 yds.), 17 interceptions (311 yds., 1TD), 41 passes defensed, one fumble recovery, two blocked field goals, one blocked extra point and 12 special-teams stops.
- Chosen as the Broncos nomination for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award in 2019 and '20 while becoming the first three-time winner of the Darrent Williams Good Guy Award for (2017, '19-20) as voted on by the team's local media.
- Ranks fifth in Broncos' history among safeties since the AFL/NFL merger with 17 career interceptions.
- Recognized as one of three active defensive backs (Harrison Smith, Min.; Kevin Byard, Ten.) to record totals of least 400 total tackles and 15 interceptions since 2016.
- Registered the second-most interceptions (16) in team annals by a player through his first five seasons with the team.
- Produced three consecutive 90-tackle, three-interception seasons since 2018—one two NFL players (Jessie Bates, Cin.) to record those totals in the last three years.
- Was the only defender to play 100 percent of his team's defensive snaps from 2018-20, logging 3,211 consecutive plays in that span.
- Totaled career highs in interceptions (5) and interception return yards (90) to go along with 96 tackles (77 solo), nine passes defensed and one fumble recovery in 2020.
- Became the 13th safety since 1991 to record at least 90 tackles (93), four interceptions and 15 passes defensed in a single season in 2019.
- Started all 13 games played during his second NFL season in 2017, totaling 63 tackles (46 solo), one sack (6 yds.), two interceptions (65 yds., TD) and five passes defensed.
- Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week (Week 10, 2016) after blocking an extra point that led to the game-winning defensive two-point conversion at New Orleans (11/3/16).
- Opened 32-of-50 career games at Boston College, posting 229 tackles (165 solo), eight interceptions (50 yds.), 22 passes defensed, four forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and one sack (15 yds.).
- Attended Martin County High School in Stuart, Fla., earning All-Area Defensive Player of the Year honors in addition to being named second-team All-Florida.
- Selected by the Broncos in the third round (98th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.