|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
SIMMONS AT A GLANCE:
- A seventh-year player who is just the fifth safety in Broncos' history to be named a Pro Bowler (2020) and an All-Pro (second-team, 2019, '21) while with the team.
- Played 91 games (81 starts) during his first six seasons with Denver (2016-21), posting 453 tackles (339 solo), 3.5 sacks (28 yds.), 21 interceptions (352 yds., 1TD), 49 passes defensed, one fumble recovery, two blocked field goals, one blocked extra point and 12 special-teams stops.
- Chosen as the Broncos nomination for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award for three consecutive years (2019-21) while also becoming the first three-time winner of the Darrent Williams Good Guy Award for (2017, '19-20) as voted on by the team's local media.
- Selected as the inaugural winner of the Demaryius Thomas Team MVP Award, as voted on by the Denver Chapter of the Pro Football Writers of America.
- Ranks fifth in Broncos' history among safeties with 21 career interceptions and joins Steve Foley as the only Broncos safeties to accumulate multiple interceptions in each their first six seasons since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger.
- Posted at least four interceptions in each of the last three seasons (2019-21), joining Patriots CB J.C. Jackson as the only NFL players to accomplish that feat.
- Recognized as one of two active defensive backs (Kevin Byard, Ten.) to record totals of least 400 tackles and 20 interceptions since 2016.
- Tabbed as the only defender to play 100% of his team's defensive snaps from 2018-20, logging 3,211 consecutive plays in that span.
- Started all 17 games played in 2021, totaling 80 tackles (60 solo), 1.5 sacks (13 yds.), five interceptions (76 yds.) and 12 passes defensed
- Totaled career highs in interceptions (5) and interception return yards (90) to go along with 96 tackles (77 solo), nine passes defensed and one fumble recovery in 2020.
- Became the 13th safety since 1991 to record at least 90 tackles (93), four interceptions and 15 passes defensed in a single season in 2019.
- Registered a career-high 98 tackles (71 solo), three interceptions (8 yds.) and four passes defensed in 16 games played (all starts) in 2018.
- Started all 13 games played during his second NFL season in 2017, totaling 63 tackles (46 solo), one sack (6 yds.), two interceptions (65 yds., TD) and five passes defensed.
- Played 13 games (3 starts) during his rookie season in 2016, recording 24 tackles (20 solo), one sack ( 9 yds.), two interceptions (83 yds.), and four passes defensed.
- Opened 32-of-50 career games at Boston College, posting 229 tackles (165 solo), eight interceptions (50 yds.), 22 passes defensed, four forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and one sack (15 yds.).
- Attended Martin County High School in Stuart, Fla., earning All-Area Defensive Player of the Year honors in addition to being named second-team All-Florida.
- Selected by the Broncos in the third round (98th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.