Broncos Connected: John Elway reflects on the state of the team as camp begins
This month on Broncos Connected, John Elway reflects on the start of training camp, the rookie class' progress so far and more. Also, Senior Vice President of Information Technology Russ Trainor breaks down how technology has helped keep the team safe during the pandemic. Finally, defensive lineman Jurrell Casey talks about being a leader for the Denver Broncos.
|2||@Steelers||L 21 - 26||4||3||1||0||1||0|
|1||Titans||L 14 - 16||6||3||3||0||2||0|
CASEY AT A GLANCE:
- A 10th-year player who was acquired by Denver in a trade with Tennessee in 2020 after being selected to five consecutive Pro Bowls (2015-19) during his first nine NFL seasons with the Titans (2011-2019).
- Totaled 499 tackles (328 solo), 51 sacks (355 yds.), 14 passes defensed, eight forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries while starting 138-of-140 regular-season games played during his career.
- Started five postseason contests in his career, collecting 15 tackles (9 solo), 2.5 sacks (13 yds.), one forced fumble and one pass defensed.
- Recorded at least 60 tackles and five sacks three times in his career (2014, '17-18), which is the most among active defensive linemen since he entered the NFL in 2011.
- Has recorded at least 40 tackles and five sacks in each of the last seven seasons, matching three players (Calais Campbell, Ari./Jac.; Carlos Dunlap, Cin.; Cameron Jordan, N.O.) as the only players to accomplish that feat.
- Started all 14 regular-season games played and three postseason contests in 2019, finishing with 44 tackles (26 solo), five sacks (42 yds.), one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.
- Helped the Titans reach the 2019 AFC Championship by registering eight tackles (6 solo), 2.5 sacks (13 yds.) and one forced fumble in three playoff games.
- Notched 62 tackles (36 solo) and seven sacks (47.5 yds.) as the Titans ranked third in scoring defense (18.9 ppg) and eighth in total defense (333.4 ypg) in 2018.
- Named a second-team All-Pro season in 2013 after posting 55 tackles (38 solo) and a career-best 10.5 sacks (60.5).
- Was a two-year starter at Southern California, recording 138 tackles, nine sacks, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries as a Trojan.
- Selected by the Titans in the third round (77th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
- Acquired by the Broncos on March 18, 2020, in a trade with Tennessee.