JAMES AT A GLANCE:
- A sixth-year tackle who started all 62 regular-season games played (55 at RT; 7 at LT) and one postseason contest during his first five NFL seasons with Miami (2014-18).
- Started 55 games at right tackle since entering the NFL in 2014, which ranks eighth among all active NFL players during that span.
- Blocked for an offense that averaged the sixth-most yards per carry (4.43 ypg) during his five seasons with the Dolphins.
- Has allowed only 14 sacks since the start of the 2015 season (46 starts at RT), according to STATS LLC.
- Helped Miami's offense rank ninth in the NFL in yards per rush (4.7) in 2018.
- Blocked for a pair of 1,000-yard rushers (Lamar Miller, 2014) and (Jay Ajayi, 2016) while opening all 16 games in both seasons.
- Opened all 49 games played at right tackle at the University of Tennessee, setting a school record for starts by an offensive lineman and earning honorable mention All-America honors as a senior in 2013.
- Joined the Broncos as an unrestricted free agent (Miami) on March 13, 2019.
- Selected by Miami in the first round (19th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
'A big look-in-the-mirror-type [game]': Drew Lock explains his turning point in 2020 season, plan to improve
Plus, read updates on Justin Simmons, Noah Fant and more Broncos.
Mile High Morning: What are the Broncos' options to replace Ja'Wuan James at right tackle?
The Broncos will have to move forward with a plan to fill James' shoes the best they can.
RT Ja'Wuan James informs Broncos he is opting out of 2020 season
Without James in the lineup, Garett Bolles and Elijah Wilkinson appear poised to start at left tackle and right tackle, respectively.
#BroncosCamp preview: The five Broncos with the most to prove in 2020
As the Broncos approach on-field practices, they have plenty of players on the roster that will look to prove their value.
#BroncosCamp preview: What to expect from the Broncos' offensive line
The Broncos' offensive line will likely feature three new full-time starters in 2020.
'We want him back': John Elway emphasizes Broncos' desire to keep Justin Simmons in Denver
Elway also addressed the futures of several other key Broncos during his end-of-season press conference.
Injury Report: Leary, James, Wilkinson ruled out for #OAKvsDEN
The Broncos will be without three linemen on Sunday against the Raiders.
Injury Report: Elijah Wilkinson 'pretty iffy' to play vs. Raiders
Wilkinson suffered an ankle injury against the Lions in Week 16.
Broncos can play spoiler in season finale vs. Raiders
Plus, Dalton Risner explains his battle with the flu and Ja'Wuan James provides an update on his knee injury.
Inactives announced for Broncos vs. Lions
Noah Fant will be active after being listed as questionable for Sunday's game.
Injury Report: Three Broncos questionable with illness
Three other Broncos were ruled out, and two more Broncos are also questionable for #DETvsDEN.
Injury Report: Adam Gotsis undergoes knee surgery, ruled out for season
Gotsis, a fourth-year player, appeared in nine games this season.
Injury Report: Ron Leary, Ja'Wuan James unlikely to play in #DETvsDEN
Three other players also missed practice on Wednesday.
Courtland Sutton crosses 1,000-yard mark as breakout season continues
Sutton is the first Bronco to record 1,000 receiving yards in a season since 2016.
Injury Report: Five Broncos ruled out of #DENvsKC
Ja'Wuan James is among the Broncos who won't play Sunday against the Chiefs.
Injury Report: Noah Fant returns to practice ahead of #DENvsKC
Fant was a limited participant on Thursday.
Injury Report: Noah Fant among Broncos held out of Wednesday's practice
The Broncos began their on-field preparation for the Chiefs without Fant and a handful of starters.
Injury Report: Broncos hopeful Von Miller takes next step in recovery ahead of #DENvsKC
Head Coach Vic Fangio also provided injury updates on defensive end Dre'Mont Jones and tight end Noah Fant, who suffered lower-leg injuries during Sunday's win over the Texans.
Injury Report: Von Miller among Broncos listed as questionable for #DENvsHOU
Miller was limited in practice all week.
Injury Report: Ron Leary, Malik Reed 'iffy' for #DENvsHOU
Von Miller was limited for the second consecutive practice.
Injury Report: Von Miller returns to practice ahead of #DENvsHOU
Three Broncos did not practice Wednesday as the team begins its on-field preparation for Houston.
Injury Report: 'A good possibility' Derek Wolfe will be placed on IR after dislocating elbow in #LACvsDEN
HC Vic Fangio provided updates Monday on Wolfe, Von Miller, Alexander Johnson and Ja'Wuan James.
Inactives announced for Broncos vs. Chargers
The Broncos will be without one of their best players on Sunday against Los Angeles.
Ja'Wuan James surprises elementary schoolers with bike giveaway
With help from UnitedHealthcare, right tackle Ja'Wuan James surprised fifth graders at Godsman Elementary by handing out 70 new bikes and helmets. "I'm excited to see these kids smiling," James said. "There happened to be 70 bikes — we didn't even know. I'm No. 70, so it all was cool. It was a good day."