Broncos rookies tee it up at TopGolf for 'A Round with the Rookies'
Broncos rookies Noah Fant, Dalton Risner, Drew Lock, Dre'Mont Jones and Brett Rypien were all wired for sound as they took their best swings at TopGolf for "A Round with the Rookies" presented by Coca-Cola. Money raised from the event will go toward a community initiative chosen by the rookie class.
JONES AT A GLANCE:
- A defensive lineman who started 37-of-39 games played at Ohio State, registering 115 tackles (58 solo), 9.5 sacks (65 yds.), one interception (28 yds.), three fumble recoveries and two defensive scores (1 INT, 1 FR).
- Contributed to consecutive Big Ten Championship in 2017 and ‘18 as well as an NCAA Playoff appearance in 2016.
- Selected first-team All-Big Ten Conference following his redshirt junior season after breaking out with a 8.5 sacks (61 yds.) in addition to posting 43 tackles (26 solo).
- Became the first defensive lineman in OSU history to score two defensive touchdowns in a single season in 2018, returning an interception 28 yards and recovering a fumble for a TD.
- Chosen third-team All-Big Ten as a redshirt sophomore after contributing 20 tackles (10 solo) and two passes defensed.
- Finished as the team’s leading tackler among defensive linemen with 52 total stops (22 solo) and earned Freshman All-America honors as a redshirt freshman.
- Was one of just three defensive linemen in school history (Dan Wilkinson - 1992, Luke Fickell - 1993) to start at least 10 games as a freshman.
- Excelled in the classroom, twice earning both academic All-Big Ten and OSU Scholar-Athlete awards.
- Selected by the Broncos in the third round (71st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.