Broncos rookies tee it up at TopGolf for 'A Round with the Rookies'
Broncos rookies Noah Fant, Dalton Risner, Drew Lock, Dre'Mont Jones and Brett Rypien were all wired for sound as they took their best swings at TopGolf for "A Round with the Rookies" presented by Coca-Cola. Money raised from the event will go toward a community initiative chosen by the rookie class.
RISNER AT A GLANCE:
- An offensive lineman who started all 50 games played (38 at RT; 12 at C) during his five-year collegiate career at Kansas State University (2014-18).
- Earned first-team All-Big 12 Conference honors in three consecutive seasons (2016-18), becoming just the fourth offensive lineman in conference history to earn that distinction.
- Named a first-team All-American by several publications as well as the Big 12 Conference’s Offensive Lineman of the Year by the league’s coaches following the 2018 season.
- Chosen as a finalist for the Jason Witten Collegiate Man of the Year Award, William V. Campbell Trophy, Wuerffel Trophy and Senior CLASS Award for his off-field contributions in 2018.
- Selected as a finalist for the Lombardi Award in 2018, which is presented annually to the best college football player based on performance, leadership, character and resiliency.
- Picked as a Freshman All-American by several publications after starting 13 games at center as a redshirt freshman.
- Excelled in the classroom, earning all-conference academic accolades four times, and was one of five three-year team captains in Kansas State history.
- Chosen to The Denver Post’s All-Colorado Team following his junior and senior seasons at Wiggins (Colo.) High School.
- Selected by the Broncos in the second round (41st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.