STERNS AT A GLANCE:
- A second-year safety who appeared in 15 games (2 starts) for the Broncos in 2021, recording 24 tackles (19 solo), two sacks (12 yds.), two interceptions (47 yds.) and five passes defensed during his rookie campaign.
- Started 28-of-29 games played at the University of Texas, totaling 172 tackles (119 solo), two sacks (5 yds.), five interceptions (33 yds.), eight pass breakups and one blocked kick during his collegiate career.
- Started all seven games played during his final campaign with the Longhorns in 2020, compiling 52 tackles (30 solo), one interception and three pass breakups.
- Named to the Academic All-Big 12 First Team in 2020, and was a preseason watch list candidate for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy and the Chuck Bednarik and Jim Thorpe awards.
- Saw action in nine games (8 starts) as a sophomore in 2019, posting 58 tackles (43 solo), one sack (2 yds.) and one pass breakup.
- Named Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year and first team All-Big 12, while becoming the first Longhorn true freshman defensive back to start the first 13 games of his career since S Blake Gideon in 2008.
- Tallied collegiate career highs in tackles (62), interceptions (4), interception yards (33) and pass breakups (4), while adding one sack (3 yds.) and one blocked kick during his freshman campaign.
- Prepped at Steele High School, where he totaled 235 tackles, 11 interceptions, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries, while being named an All-American as well as an all-state and two-time all-district honoree.
- Selected by the Broncos in the fifth round (152nd overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.