As Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller celebrates his 31st birthday, you can too — by watching some of his best games on NFL Game Pass, which is offering complimentary access to fans in the United States through May 31.
To begin, here are the games that feature Miller's favorite plays from his career, which he ranked in a 2018 article on DenverBroncos.com:
- No. 5: His first sack (2011 season, Week 2 vs. Cincinnati)
- No. 4: Showing his dance moves after sacking Matt Ryan (2012 season, Week 2 vs. Atlanta)
- No. 3: Breaking the game open in the Black Hole (2015 season, Week 5 vs. Oakland)
- No. 2: His first sack on Cam Newton (2012 season, Week 10 vs. Carolina)
- No. 1: The two strip-sacks in Super Bowl 50 (2015 season, Super Bowl 50 vs. Carolina)
So that's a good place to start. There are many other fantastic performances you can watch on Game Pass, too. Here are some of our favorites:
Hitting the milestones
- Week 14, 2011 season vs. Chicago: Not only does this game include one of the most-improbable endings, but Miller also pushes his season sack total to 11.5 in it, setting a then-franchise single-season rookie record and helping him earn NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors
- Week 2, 2015 season vs. Kansas City: Miller gets his 50th career sack as the Broncos come back from a 14-point deficit to win in Arrowhead on "Thursday Night Football"
- Week 15, 2018 season vs. Cleveland: With a sack on Baker Mayfield at the end of the third quarter, Miller eclipses Ring of Famer Simon Fletcher to become the Broncos' all-time sack leader
- Week 4, 2019 season vs. Jacksonville: Miller hauls down rookie Gardner Minshew twice to get to 100 career sacks
Von's hat tricks
To date, Miller has had five three-sack games, and when he unleashes that kind of terror, the Broncos have only lost once. Here are the wins:
- 2012 season, Week 9 vs. Cincinnati: Miller records three sacks, six total tackles, four quarterback hits
- 2012 season, Week 11 vs. San Diego: Just two weeks after his first three-sack game, Miller goes for three against Philip Rivers
- 2016 season, Week 2 vs. Indianapolis: Not only does Miller actually have a hand in four sacks (two half-sacks), but he also sealed the game with a strip-sack that was returned for a Denver touchdown in the final minutes
- 2018 season, Week 1 vs. Seattle: Miller brings down Russell Wilson three times, including one strip-sack, and he straight up just steals the ball out of running back Chris Carson's hands at one point
Von vs. Tom
Though the QB matchup of Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady often drew the headlines, it was sometimes even more fun to watch Miller go toe to toe with Brady — including one of Miller's best performances in the 2015 AFC Championship Game.
- 2015 season, AFC Championship Game: Miller records 2.5 sacks and an interception to help send the Broncos to the Super Bowl
- 2013 season, Week 12: To be sure, this is a painful game for Broncos fans, but if you're solely focused on Miller, he wreaked havoc against New England with two sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble returned for a touchdown
'We're going to kick their [butt]'
Sure, it's not on the same level as Joe Namath's Super Bowl guarantee, but it was pretty cool when Miller stepped up to the podium for his weekly press conference before a 2018 game against Arizona and said, 'We're going to kick their [butt]' before doing just that. Tune to Week 7 of the 2018 season to watch as he racks up two sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and four quarterback hits in a 45-10 rout.