#DENvsSEA: Lock delivers late TD to Jackson, threads the needle on two-point conversion
Late in the Broncos' preseason game against the Seahawks, Drew Lock finds Devontae Jackson for a short touchdown and then fits the ball into a tight window for a successful two-point conversion to Devontae Jackson.
LOCK AT A GLANCE:
- A quarterback who threw for the second-most passing yards (12,193) and third-most touchdowns (99) in Southeastern Conference history during his four-year career at Missouri.
- Started 46-of-50 games during his collegiate career, completing 883-of-1,553 passes (56.9%) for 12,193 yards with 99 touchdowns and 39 interceptions (138.8 rtg.) in addition to rushing for 437 yards and nine scores.
- Ended his career as Mizzou’s second all-time leader in career passing yards and touchdowns while setting 10 of the top-25 single-game passing yardage marks in school history.
- Finished his senior season with career-best marks in completion percentage (62.9%), interceptions (8), completions (275) and rushing yards (175) while scoring 34 total touchdowns.
- Broke the single-season records in SEC and Missouri history in 2017 with a nation-leading 44 passing touchdowns, earning first-team all-conference honors for his efforts.
- Ended his junior year with a single-season school record 165.7 QB rating (242-419, 3,964 yds., 44 TDs, 13 INTs) while helping Missouri rebound from a 1-5 start to finish the season 7-6.
- Started all 12 games as a sophomore in 2016, leading the SEC in passing yards (3,399) on 237-of-434 passing (54.6%) with 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
- Voted a three-time team captain by his teammates (2016-18).
- Threw for 63 touchdowns between his junior and senior seasons at Lee’s Summit (Mo.) High School and was chosen as the Kansas City Star All-Metro Player of the Year as a senior.
- Selected by the Broncos in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.
HC Vic Fangio reveals plan for quarterbacks, other starters vs. Seattle
“Joe [Flacco]’s going to start [and] play some,” Fangio said Tuesday. “We’re going to bring in Kevin [Hogan]. He’ll play some. Drew will get a good bit of the rest of it, and Brett [Rypien] may or may not play in the game.”
Adamant not to miss a practice, Drew Lock sees offseason work pay off
"There was no ounce of me that didn’t want to be out on this football field, taking every rep that I was supposed to take and being with the guys every second that I could be today and then for the rest of training camp," Lock said.