Siemian finds Sanders
The Broncos are making a habit out of fast starts. A week after driving down the field on its second possession, Denver did one better in Week 2. They got the ball back after a Dallas three-and-out to start the game, and Trevor Siemian led the team on an eight-play, 78-yard drive. Siemian found Emmanuel Sanders down the seam for his first touchdown of the day — but it would not be his last.
Anderson returns to the end zone
After the Broncos gave up a strip sack and a touchdown, the offense got back on track on its return to the field. Siemian and running back C.J. Anderson guided the offense on a 14-play, 81-yard drive that put the Broncos ahead for good. The drive initially looked like it would stall at the Dallas 32-yard line following another DeMarcus Lawrence sack, but a leverage penalty on the Cowboys gave the Broncos a new set of downs. Denver took advantage, and C.J. Anderson took a short Siemian pass for 16 yards and a touchdown.
No. 10 X 2
Siemian continued the offensive onslaught with a throw to Sanders for No. 10's second touchdown of the afternoon. Against a depleted Cowboys secondary, Sanders left rookie Jourdan Lewis in the dust as he cut out toward the pylon. The play gave the Broncos a 14-point lead as halftime approached.
Harris sets up Broncos' final score
With the Broncos up 28-10, cornerback Chris Harris Jr. made a play that all but ended the Cowboys' chances. On first-and-15 from the Dallas 35-yard line, Dak Prescott looked for wide receiver Dez Bryant as Bryant ran a short route to the left. Harris, though, was the one who ended up with the ball, as he recorded his first interception of the season. The Broncos' All-Pro cornerback took off toward his left, wound back to his right and ended up with a 23-yard return to the Dallas 23-yard line. Two plays later, C.J. Anderson rushed for 23 yards and a touchdown that put the Broncos up 35-10.
Aqib passes Deion
For a moment, it appeared the Broncos' attempted goal-line stand would decide whether the game ended 35-17 or 35-24. Aqib Talib provided a third option in a split second. As Denver sent the house at Prescott on fourth down, Talib stepped in front of a pass to the right and took off running with the ball. After dropping the ball two previous times during the game, this was a chance at redemption. Talib sprinted down the left sideline, dodged Prescott, who was the only Cowboys player nearby, and ended his 103-yard sprint with a leap into the crowd. Talib's pick-six was the 10th of his career, and pushed him past Deion Sanders on the NFL's all-time list.
The Broncos have other promotions here, in addition to following promotions available the day after the game:
- Papa John's is offering the "When the Broncos win, you win!" promotion, which gives fans 50 percent off regular menu price online orders the day after every Broncos win with promo code "Broncos"
- With two Broncos touchdowns, you score $1 roast beef sandwiches the day after a Broncos game at participating Arby's.
- Download the McDonald's app for free Broncos gameday offers! Additionally, get a $1 Big Mac sandwich or Sausage McMuffin with Egg the day after every Broncos Game as well as 30 percent off any hat after every Broncos game at Denver Broncos Team Stores with the McDonald's key tag.
- At participating Conoco stations, grab a free 12oz cup of coffee between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. the day after a Broncos win.
- At King Soopers, get a free raised or cake donut -- just swipe your SooperCard the day after a Broncos win.