#BroncosCamp Daily Recap: Melvin Gordon impressed early by 'perfectionist' Drew Lock
After the second day of training camp, Melvin Gordon says he likes what he's seen from Drew Lock and Todd Davis says he expects to be in coverage more this season. We've got all that and more, as Phil Milani, Aric DiLalla and Sydney Jones wrap up Day 2 of #BroncosCamp.
|2||@Steelers||L 21 - 26||19||70||3.7||17||0||2||14||7||16||1|
|1||Titans||L 14 - 16||15||78||5.2||25||1||3||8||2.7||8||0||1||1|
RB FB Career
|2015||San Diego Chargers||14||12||184||641||3.5||0||33||192||5.8||18||0||6||4|
|2016||San Diego Chargers||13||11||254||997||3.9||10||41||419||10.2||35||2||2||2|
|2017||Los Angeles Chargers||16||16||284||1105||3.9||8||58||476||8.2||49||4||1||0|
|2018||Los Angeles Chargers||12||12||175||885||5.1||10||50||490||9.8||66||4||1||0|
|2019||Los Angeles Chargers||12||11||162||612||3.8||8||42||296||7||25||1||4||3|
GORDON AT A GLANCE:
- A sixth-year running back and two-time Pro Bowl selection (2016, '18) who has played 68 career regular-season games (64 starts) and two postseason contests with the Chargers (2015-19) and the Broncos (2020).
- Registered the fourth-most yards from scrimmage (6,113) and fifth-most offensive touchdowns (47) among NFL running backs during the last five seasons (2015-19).
- Totaled 1,059 rushing attempts for 4,240 yards (4.0 avg.) with 36 touchdowns in addition to catching 224 passes for 1,873 yards (8.4 avg.) with 11 scores in his career.
- Appeared in 12 games (11 starts) in 2019 with the Chargers, finishing the season with 162 rushing attempts for 612 yards (3.8 avg.) with eight touchdowns to go along with 42 catches for 296 yards (7.0 avg.) with one score.
- Ranked fifth in scrimmage yards per game (114.6) while gaining the second-most scrimmage yards per touch (6.1) in the league during his second Pro Bowl season in 2018.
- Finished the 2018 season with a career-best 5.1 yards per carry (885 yards on 175 attempts) to go along with 10 rushing touchdowns in 12 games (all starts).
- Set career highs with 1,105 rushing yards and 1,581 scrimmage yards in 2017.
- Was one of three running backs (Todd Gurley, LAR; Mark Ingram, N.O.) in 2017 to record at least 1,100 rushing yards, 1,500 yards from scrimmage and 12 total touchdowns.
- Set the FBS record for career rushing average with 7.79 yards per carry to go along with 4,915 career rushing yards and 45 rushing touchdowns as the Heisman Trophy runner-up at the University of Wisconsin in 2014.
- Earned the Doak Walker Award (nation's top running back) and Big Ten Conference Offensive Player of the Year Award as a junior in 2014 after rushing for 2,587 yards, the second-most in FBS History (Barry Sanders – 2,628, 1988).
- Joined the Broncos as an unrestricted free-agent on March 20, 2020.
- Selected by San Diego in the first round (15th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
'We have a real chance … to use our platform': Why Justin Simmons, Broncos are ready to make their voices heard, bring about change
Justin Simmons, Melvin Gordon III and Vic Fangio reflected Friday on the team's meeting about police brutality and social injustice, and they discussed how to best take steps forward toward change.
Through the Years: Melvin Gordon's football career
After Melvin Gordon reportedly agreed to terms with the Broncos as a free agent, flip through these photos to see some of his finest stiff-arms and hurdles and everything else from his time with the Chargers and in college with the Wisconsin Badgers.