Broncos break a sweat at annual 'Hometown Huddle' event
The Broncos hosted their annual Hometown Huddle with Playworks and Mile High United Way, bringing together children from Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver with Broncos players and encouraging them to be active as part of the NFL's PLAY 60 health and wellness campaign.
|7||Chiefs||L 6 - 30||8||7||1||0||2||0|
|6||Titans||W 16 - 0||4||4||0||0||1||1||5||5||5||0||0|
|5||@Chargers||W 20 - 13||4||2||2||0||1||1||17||17||17||0||0|
|4||Jaguars||L 24 - 26||7||4||3||0||2||0|
|3||@Packers||L 16 - 27||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|2||Bears||L 14 - 16||9||8||1||0||2||0|
|1||@Raiders||L 16 - 24||3||1||2||0||0||0|
SIMMONS AT A GLANCE:
- A fourth-year safety who played 42 games (32 starts) in his first three seasons with Denver, posting 184 tackles (137 solo), two sacks (15 yds.), seven interceptions (156 yds.), 13 passes defensed, two blocked field goals, one blocked extra point and 12 special-teams stops.
- Started all 16 games in 2018 and ranked second on the team with 97 tackles (71 solo) to go along with three interceptions and four passes defensed.
- Was one of three players in the league to start 100 percent of his team’s defensive snaps in the 2018 season (Myles Jack, Jac.; Malcolm Jenkins, Phi.).
- Started all 13 games played during his second NFL season in 2017, totaling 63 tackles (46 solo), one sack (6 yds.), two interceptions (65 yds., TD) and five passes defensed.
- Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week (Week 10, 2016) after blocking an extra point that led to the game-winning defensive two-point conversion at New Orleans (11/3/16).
- Opened 32-of-50 career games at Boston College, posting 229 tackles (165 solo), eight interceptions (50 yds.), 22 passes defensed, four forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and one sack (15 yds.).
- Attended Martin County High School in Stuart, Fla., earning All-Area Defensive Player of the Year honors in addition to being named second-team All-Florida.
- Selected by the Broncos in the third round (98th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Broncos players, police officers, children from Broncos Boys & Girls Club come together to help package meals for local families
'If you're part of Broncos Country, you have to be excited': S Justin Simmons weighs in on new-look secondary, upcoming season
Broncos, United Airlines partner for Unified School Program
Rangeview High School received the 2019 Doug Fulton Unified Champion School Kindness Award from Special Olympics Colorado, in partnership with the Broncos and United Airlines, during an assembly at the school on Monday. Afterward, Justin Simmons, Austin Schlottmann, Jake Rodgers, Dalton Risner, two Denver Broncos Cheerleaders and Miles the mascot played a game of touch football with some of the students in the Unified Football program
Fourth annual Back to School with the Broncos takes kids on King Soopers shopping spree
At the fourth annual Back to School with the Broncos shopping event, 25 children from the Denver Broncos Boys & Girls Club were surprised with $100 gift cards for school-supply shopping at King Soopers — and Broncos players helped them pick out everything they needed for the upcoming school year.
Broncos swing for the fences at UCHealth's 2019 Healthy Swings Charity Home Run Derby
Ten Broncos players stepped up to the plate for charity on Tuesday, taking part in UCHealth's 2019 Healthy Swings Charity Home Run Derby at Coors Field to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society- Rocky Mountain Chapter.
Broncos support Special Olympics Colorado at PLAY 60 All-Ability Clinic
The Denver Broncos, in partnership with Special Olympics Colorado, hosted an all-ability football skills clinic for more than 125 athletes on Tuesday. The clinic is inclusive for participants of all abilities and supports NFL PLAY 60 efforts to encourage kids to be physically active for at least 60 minutes per day. Broncos players, Cheerleaders and members of local law enforcement were on hand to assist with the event and lead activity stations.
Broncos bring smiles to children of all ages at PLAY 60 All-Ability Clinic with NSCD
Broncos players, Broncos Cheerleaders and Miles the Mascot will help lead a PLAY 60 All-Ability Clinic for 200 athletes of all ages from the National Sports Center for the Disabled at UCHealth Training Center’s Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse.
Broncos, families have bear-y good time at Build-A-Bear party
Several Broncos players and their families spent Tuesday afternoon at Build-A-Bear, where they made some fluffy, Broncos-themed friends that will soon be distributed to patients at Children's Hospital Colorado and at other community events. Build-A-Bear donated 500 bears to the Broncos to help support the cause.
Broncos host PLAY 60 event for children from military families
About a dozen Broncos players, two members of the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders and Miles the mascot hosted a night of games and football drills at a PLAY 60 event for children from military families at the Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse on Tuesday night.
Broncos strut their stuff to support Global Down Syndrome Foundation's 2018 Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show
Von Miller, Case Keenum, Brandon McManus, Justin Simmons, Jeff Heuerman and Phillip Lindsay joined celebrities and advocate models to hit the runway at the Global Down Syndrome Foundation's 10th Anniversary Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show.