JEWELL AT A GLANCE:
- An inside linebacker who started 43-of-50 games played at the University of Iowa (2013-17) and was selected by his teammates a three-time permanent captain.
- Finished his career with 433 tackles (211 solo), 10 sacks (92 yds,), six interceptions (100 yds.) 26 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Tallied at least 120 tackles during his final three seasons at Iowa, ranking fourth in school history in career tackles (433).
- Named a consensus first-team All American and the Big Ten Conference’s Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year as a redshirt senior in 2017 after leading the conference in tackles (136) and adding 4.5 sacks (44 yds,), two interceptions (37 yds.) and 11 passes defensed.
- Selected as one of five finalists for the Butkus Award (nation’s top linebacker) and a second-team All-Big Ten pick as a redshirt junior, posting 124 tackles (58 solo), two sacks (8 yds.), one forced fumble and nine passes defensed.
- Chosen second-team All-Big-Ten following his redshirt sophomore season in which he led the team with 126 tackles (62 solo), 2.5 sacks (29 yds.), four interceptions (63 yds.), one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Named first-team all-state by The Des Moines Register and the Iowa Newspaper Association as a senior at Decorah (Iowa) High School.
- Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (109th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.