Driskel, Rypien meet the media following loss to the Buccaneers
Quarterbacks Jeff Driskel and Brett Rypien meet with the media to discuss the Broncos' 28-10 loss to the Buccaneers.
#TBvsDEN: Driskel floats a dime to Royce Freeman for 28-yard gain
Quarterback Jeff Driskel completes a 28-yard pass to running back Royce Freeman.
#TBvsDEN: Driskel finds Patrick for 7-yard touchdown pass
Quarterback Jeff Driskel completes a 7-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Tim Patrick to cut Tampa Bay's lead to 23-10.
#TBvsDEN: Tim Patrick makes 27-yard grab on third-and-20
Quarterback Jeff Driskel completes a 27-yard pass to wide receiver Tim Patrick on third-and-20.
#TBvsDEN: Driskel finds Fant for 18 yards
Quarterback Jeff Driskel completes an 18-yard pass to tight end Noah Fant.
#TBvsDEN: QB Jeff Driskel
Quarterback Jeff Driskel meets with the media to evaluate the Buccaneers' defense, give his impressions of rookies Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler and more.
Driskel: 'It's my job to be ready at all times'
Jeff Driskel talks about his mentality when he had to come into the game Sunday against the Steelers in relief of an injured Drew Lock.
Broncos applaud Jeff Driskel's effort after unexpected opportunity
Team reporter Sydney Jones recaps QB Jeff Driskel's performance on Sunday and his teammates' impressions of him from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.
#DENvsPIT: Gordon makes amazing over-the-shoulder touchdown catch
Melvin Gordon laid out for a 16-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter to make it 26-21 Steelers.
#DENvsPIT: Noah Fant hauls in second TD of the year
Jeff Driskel, playing in relief of an injured Drew Lock, finds Noah Fant for a 20-yard touchdown.
|17||Raiders||L 31 - 32|
|16||@Chargers||L 16 - 19|
|15||Bills||L 19 - 48|
|11||Dolphins||W 20 - 13|
|10||@Raiders||L 12 - 37|
|9||@Falcons||L 27 - 34|
|8||Chargers||W 31 - 30|
|3||Buccaneers||L 10 - 28||17||30||176||5.9||1||1||5||45||71||3||14||4.7||0|
|7||Chiefs||L 16 - 43|
|2||@Steelers||L 21 - 26||18||34||256||7.5||2||1||6||53||84.9||2||5||2.5||0|
|6||@Patriots||W 18 - 12|
|1||Titans||L 14 - 16|
|4||@Jets||W 37 - 28||1||9||9||0|
DRISKEL AT A GLANCE:
- A fifth-year player from the University of Florida and Louisiana Tech University who has appeared in 12 games (8 starts) during his first four seasons with Detroit (2019) and Cincinnati (2016-18).
- Threw for 1,688 yards on 176-of-281 passing (59.4%) with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions (79.6 rtg) while adding 281 rushing yards and three scores on 47 carries (6.0 avg.) during his first four seasons.
- Started three games for the Lions in 2019, completing 62-of-105 passes (59.0%) for 685 yards with four touchdowns and four interceptions (75.3 rtg) while rushing 22 times for 151 yards (6.9 avg.) with one score.
- Completed 105-of-176 passes (59.7%) for 1,003 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions while adding 25 carries for 130 yards (5.2 avg.) with two rushing scores in five games with the Bengals in 2018.
- Finished his collegiate career at La. Tech in 2015, completing 281-of-450 passes (62.4%) for 27 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
- Appeared in 29 games (21 starts) over four seasons at Florida, throwing for 3,411 yards, 23 touchdowns and 20 interceptions while completing 328-of-552 passes (59.4%).
- Joined the Broncos as an unrestricted free agent on March 18, 2020.
- Selected by the 49ers in the sixth round (207th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Broncos sign CB Parnell Motley off 49ers' practice squad, activate Jeff Driskel from Reserve/COVID-19 list
The Broncos also placed a pair of players on IR.
Fangio: QB Jeff Driskel to be placed on Reserve/COVID-19 list
Fangio said the Broncos would not need to place any other players on the Reserve/COVID-19 list because of contact tracing.
Jeff Driskel or Brett Rypien to start vs. Jets, both could see playing time
"We'll have a decision by tomorrow which way we're going to go," Head Coach Vic Fangio said on Monday.
#TBvsDEN's Burning Questions: Are Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler ready for increased roles?
The Broncos have lost a pair of games by a combined seven points against two teams that figure to be playoff contenders. These are the questions that will determine if they can get on the right side of the ledger in Week 3.
Sixth-round QBs Jeff Driskel, Tom Brady to decide Broncos' matchup with Buccaneers
While Jeff Driskel and Tom Brady won't be on the field together on Sunday, they are the two players who will most define the game.
Mile High Morning: Who are the next men up after injuries to Courtland Sutton and Drew Lock?
For the Broncos to keep their hopes alive, they'll have to retain the heart they showed in Sunday's hard-fought game.
Broncos announce uniform numbers for new additions
Several of the Broncos' newest roster additions have selected their uniform numbers.
2020 Broncos free-agency tracker
This is a one-stop summary of the Broncos' moves since free agency began, including trades and other reported transactions, as well as updates on the Broncos' free agents who have found new homes.
QB Jeff Driskel prepared to help Drew Lock, Broncos win games
"I just felt like it was a really good fit for myself and for the team, and I'm just looking forward to getting out there," Driskel said.
Ask Aric: Are the Broncos now contenders?
In this edition of our mailbag, Aric DiLalla answers questions about the first wave of free agency.