#LARvsDEN: Jamar Johnson leads Broncos' charge for fourth-and-short stop
S Jamar Johnson leads the Broncos' charge for a fourth-and-short stop to force a turnover on downs.
'We need you to come here and work every day': Broncos' Day 3 picks get 'The Call'
The Broncos' six selections on Day 3 of the NFL Draft get "The Call" from George Paton and Vic Fangio.
Road to the Draft: Indiana S Jamar Johnson's college highlights
Check out highlights of Broncos' fifth-round pick Indiana safety Jamar Johnson.
S Jamar Johnson excited to learn from Justin Simmons
Safety Jamar Johnson meets with the media to discuss getting drafted by the Broncos in the fifth round, what he hopes to learn from Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson and more.
|18||Chiefs||L 24 - 28|
|17||@Chargers||L 13 - 34|
|16||@Raiders||L 13 - 17|
|15||Bengals||L 10 - 15|
|14||Lions||W 38 - 10|
|13||@Chiefs||L 9 - 22|
|12||Chargers||W 28 - 13|
|10||Eagles||L 13 - 30|
|9||@Cowboys||W 30 - 16|
|8||Football Team||W 17 - 10|
|7||@Browns||L 14 - 17|
|6||Raiders||L 24 - 34|
|5||@Steelers||L 19 - 27|
|4||Ravens||L 7 - 23|
|3||Jets||W 26 - 0|
|2||@Jaguars||W 23 - 13|
|1||@Giants||W 27 - 13|
JOHNSON AT A GLANCE:
- A safety who played 31 games (9 starts) at Indiana University, totaling 70 tackles (53 solo), four sacks (31 yds.), seven interceptions (166 yds.; 1 TD), seven pass breakups and two forced fumbles during his collegiate career.
- Became the first Indiana safety since Eric Allen in 1996 to earn first-team All-Big Ten honors after posting 43 tackles (33 solo), four interceptions (94 yds.), four pass breakups and one forced fumble in eight games (all starts) in 2020.
- Played 13 games (1 start) for the Hoosiers in 2019, compiling 25 tackles (18 solo), three sacks (23 yds.), two interceptions (72 yds.; 1 TD), two pass breakups and one forced fumble.
- Saw action in 10 games at safety and on special teams in 2018, posting two solo tackles, one interception and one pass breakup.
- Prepped at Riverview High School, where he posted 62 tackles, one sack, six interceptions (1 TD), three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries, while tallying 13 receptions for 219 yards with two touchdowns, nine carries for 112 yards and two scores and three special-teams TDs (2 PR; 1 KO) during his senior campaign.
- Selected by the Broncos in the fifth round (164th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
Mile High Morning: A Broncos rookie recap from before the bye week
Six of the Broncos' 2021 draft picks have made an impact on the field already, and three undrafted rookies have made their way into games, too.
Broncos activate S Jamar Johnson from Reserve/COVID-19 list
Denver released wide receiver Amara Darboh in a corresponding move.
2021 #BroncosCamp Preview: After taking place among NFL's best, Justin Simmons prepared to lead safeties into season
General Manager George Paton made a flurry of moves during his first offseason with the Broncos, but none was bigger than re-signing Pro Bowl and All-Pro safety Justin Simmons.
Broncos place S Jamar Johnson, CB Kary Vincent Jr. on Reserve/COVID-19 list
The Reserve/COVID-19 list is intended for players who have tested positive for the virus or who have been in close contact with an infected individual.
Broncos sign five members of 2021 draft class
Both of the Broncos' fifth-round picks, safeties Caden Sterns and Jamar Johnson were among the players to sign their rookie contracts.
Mile High Morning: Broncos' late-draft picks get some love from national media
"[Y]ou won't find too many more productive safeties on a per-play basis in the class," Mike Renner wrote of Jamar Johnson.
Shots of the Game: The Broncos' 2021 draft class' in the preseason opener
Check out the best shots of Denver's 2021 draft class from the Broncos' Week 1 preseason bout with the Vikings.
Best offseason program photos: Covering sideline to sideline with the safeties
As we edge closer to training camp, here's a look back at the safeties' offseason program.
Our top photos from Day 2 of Broncos rookie minicamp
Take a closer look at the action as Denver's rookie class hit the field for Day 2 of rookie minicamp.
Our top photos from Day 1 of Broncos rookie minicamp
Take a closer look at the action on the field as Denver's rookie class began its minicamp.
Broncos' 2021 rookie class arrives for equipment fitting
Most of the Broncos' 2021 rookie class, including first-round pick Patrick Surtain, arrived on Wednesday and picked out their new equipment for their rookie season.
By the Numbers: Pro Football Focus stats for each of the Broncos' 2021 draft picks
Learn more about the Broncos' 10 picks from the 2021 NFL Draft with these advanced stats from Pro Football Focus' 2021 NFL Draft Guide.
Here's the Denver Broncos' 2021 draft class
With the 2021 NFL Draft in the books, here's the Broncos' 10-man draft class.