|2||Texans||W 16 - 9|
|3||49ers||W 11 - 10|
|4||@Raiders||L 23 - 32|
|2021||Los Angeles Chargers||1||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||0|
BASSEY AT A GLANCE:
- A third-year cornerback from Wake Forest University who became Denver's 24th college free agent since 1997 to make the 2020 Week 1 active roster out of training camp.
- Played 14 career regular-season games (3 starts) with the Broncos (2020-21) and L.A. Chargers (2021), recording 23 tackles (21 solo), one interception (26 yds.), two passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
- Saw action in 12 games (3 starts) in his initial season, collecting 22 tackles (20 solo), one interception (26 yds.), two passes defensed, one fumble recovery and one special-teams stop before sustaining a season-ending knee injury in Week 13 at Kansas City.
- Appeared in 52 games during his collegiate career for the Demon Deacons, totaling 228 career tackles (162 solo), five interceptions (31 yds., 1 TD), one sack (8 yds.), 50 passes defensed, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries.
- Elected team captain and received First Team all-state Class 5-A honors by the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Georgia Sports Writers Association at Columbus (Ga.) High School.
- Entered the NFL with Denver as a college free agent on April 26, 2020.
Broncos place Justin Simmons on injured reserve, promote Essang Bassey to active roster
Denver also signed veteran safety Anthony Harris to their practice squad.
Broncos activate Essang Bassey from Physically Unable to Perform list, elevate four players for #PHIvsDEN
The Broncos also signed quarterback Danny Etling to their practice squad.
Broncos place CB Bryce Callahan on IR, designate three cornerbacks for return
The Broncos also signed a player to their practice squad.
Injury Report: Broncos awaiting test results on Bolles', Callahan's injuries
Head Coach Vic Fangio said Monday that should Bolles miss time to recover, he has "total confidence" in reserve lineman Calvin Anderson.
Broncos place Essang Bassey, Duke Dawson Jr., Baron Browning on Physically Unable to Perform list
While Bassey, Dawson and Browning will begin training camp on PUP, several other Broncos who have rehabbed from injuries will avoid the designation.
Courtland Sutton impressing in rehab; Albert Okwuegbunam, Essang Bassey likely not 'full speed' to start training camp
"I can't imagine that he could be doing any better than he is at this stage in rehab," Head Coach Vic Fangio said of Sutton.
Broncos place CB Essang Bassey on IR
The Broncos also designated Derrek Tuszka for return from IR and began his 21-day practice window.
Injury Report: Essang Bassey to miss rest of 2020 with knee injury
Bassey started three games for the Broncos this season after making the Broncos' roster as an undrafted player.
Fangio provides injury updates on Bassey, Glasgow after #DENvsKC
Graham Glasgow suffered an injury in the first quarter, while Bassey left the game later.
Mile High Morning: Broncos rookie Essang Bassey's inspirational story featured in new podcast series narrated by Keegan-Michael Key
In "DRAFTED," a new documentary-style podcast series, Bassey is one of several rookies who are followed closely through the draft process.
Mile High Morning: After Broncos' rookies pressed into big roles in season opener, here's how they did
With injuries to veterans Courtland Sutton and A.J. Bouye, the Broncos relied heavily on their rookies in the season opener.
'I'm just overwhelmed with emotions': CB Essang Bassey adds to Broncos' history of successful undrafted free agents
The Broncos have now had an undrafted rookie make their initial 53-man roster in 16 of the last 17 seasons.