Orange and Blue 760 Daily: January 10
The Broncos introduced Vic Fangio as their 17th head coach Thursday. On this edition of Orange and Blue 760 Daily, hear Fangio's thoughts on his philosophy. Up next is defensive end Derek Wolfe, who joins Steve Atwater, Andrew Mason and Ryan Edwards in the studio to share his thoughts on the new head coach. Finally, Voice of the Broncos Dave Logan talks to Andy Lindahl and Tyler Polumbus about the hire of Fangio.
|7||Chiefs||L 6 - 30||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|6||Titans||W 16 - 0||3||3||0||2||0||0|
|5||@Chargers||W 20 - 13||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|4||Jaguars||L 24 - 26||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|3||@Packers||L 16 - 27||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|2||Bears||L 14 - 16||5||4||1||0||0||0|
|1||@Raiders||L 16 - 24||3||1||2||0||0||0|
WOLFE AT A GLANCE:
- An eighth-year defensive lineman who started all 96 regular-season games and five postseason contests played during his first seven NFL seasons with Denver.
- Totaled 265 tackles (183 solo), 26 sacks (175 yds.), one interception (2 yds.) 14 passes defensed and two fumble recoveries during his career.
- Has posted multiple sacks in each of his first seven seasons—one of just 13 NFL defensive linemen with multiple quarterback takedowns in every season since 2012.
- Started all 16 games in 2018 and recorded 43 tackles (31 solo), 1.5 sacks (13.5 yds.), one interception, one fumble recovery and six passes defensed.
- Opened all 11 games played in 2017, finishing with 31 tackles (18 solo) and two sacks (13 yds.) before being placed on injured reserve.
- Totaled a career-best 51 tackles (38 solo) to go along with 5.5 sacks (32.0 yds.) and four passes defensed for the Broncos in 2016.
- Notched 49 tackles (35 solo) and 5.5 sacks (38.5 yds.) in 2015, finishing with at least half a sack in nine of his last 10 games (including the postseason).
- Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week after posting seven tackles (4 solo) vs. G.B. (11/1/15).
- Recorded 35 tackles (24 solo), 1.5 sacks (1 yd.), three passes defensed and one fumble recovery in addition to one blocked field goal for the Broncos in 2014.
- Opened all 16 contests in 2012 to join Barney Chavous (1973) as the only Broncos defensive linemen in team history to start every game as a rookie.
- Finished fourth on the team with six sacks (41 yds.) during his rookie campaign while participating in the seventh-most defensive snaps (903) on the club.
- Started his final 38 games at the University of Cincinnati, finishing fourth on the Bearcats’ all-time list with 19.5 career sacks.
- Named Big East Conference co-Defensive Player of the Year and earned second-team All-American honors as a senior in 2011 after recording 9.5 sacks on the season and ranking first among Football Subdivision defensive tackles with 21.5 tackles for a loss.
- Selected by the Broncos in the second round (36th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.