ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The 2020 NFL Draft will proceed as scheduled, according to a memo sent from Commissioner Roger Goodell to the 32 NFL franchises.
The draft is scheduled to begin on Thursday, April 23 and run through Saturday, April 25.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NFL previously announced the draft would not be held in Las Vegas and that all public draft events would be canceled.
Goodell's memo on Thursday emphasized that while prospects and their families will not attend the event, the draft will still be televised. The NFL is currently working on the details of the new draft format.
The league will also implement procedures that ensure a level playing field for all organizations.
Broncos President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway said Wednesday the Broncos were at a good spot in their draft preparations.
"Really, we feel pretty good about where we are," Elway said. "... We're in good shape. I think that one of the reasons why, with I think the coaches not going to the Combine and them spending the whole week here just on the college side, it's put us way ahead there because we've got the coaches' rankings already. The scouts are already working on next year a little bit to the 2021 summer manual, so we feel like we're in pretty good shape."
The new draft format will include a pair of familiar Broncos.
Outside linebacker Bradley Chubb and Ring of Fame linebacker Randy Gradishar were scheduled to announce the Broncos' second- and third-round picks, respectively. The two will still have a role in the draft's new format.
The Broncos are scheduled to make the 15th-overall selection in April's draft and currently hold five picks in the top 100.