Panelists have been confirmed for the inaugural Denver Broncos DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) Career Huddle this spring that will virtually unite college students across the country to learn more about careers in sports from members of the team's football and front office staff. The event will take place on April 15 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. MT.
The Broncos DEI Career Huddle is part of the team's Inspire Change initiative that since its launch in September has added and expanded programming in four key areas: Education, Awareness & Funding, Diversity & Inclusion, and Activism.
Interested students can sign up for the Broncos DEI Career Huddle sessions beginning on March 1 by visiting DenverBroncos.com. The event will begin with a keynote speech from Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Atwater and will include the following three panels featuring Broncos employees:
Behind the Xs and Os
This session will focus on football operations and roles supporting the team outside of coaching or playing.
- Rich Hurtado, Vice President of Football Administration
- Dr. Nicole Linen, Behavioral Health Specialist
- Emily Kuehler, Data Scientist
- Ray Jackson, Director of Player Development
Breaking Barriers: Women of the Broncos
This session will focus on opportunities for women in professional sports.
- Anna Marie Martinez, Director of Special Events
- Marisol Villagomez, Senior Marketing Manager
- Sandy Young, Senior Director of Partnership Marketing
- Emily Zaler, Assistant Player Performance Coach
Inside the Front Office
This session will focus on the dynamic of a sports team's front office and various roles.
- Brittany Bowlen, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives
- Aracely Gomez, Director of Human Resources
- Marc Jackson, Vice President of Ticketing Sales and Service
- Ted Santiago, Senior Director of Marketing