DENVER — In the Broncos' 20-17 win over the Green Bay Packers, these were the plays that defined the game.
1. The Vonster returns
On third-and-7 from the Denver 23-yard line, Aaron Rodgers dropped back to pass and looked to give the Packers the lead. Von Miller, appearing in his first action of the 2017 preseason, made that attempt a little more difficult. Miller spun by backup right tackle Kyle Murphy, and Rodgers fell to the grass as Miller reached him. The 11-yard sack pushed the Packers backward and created a challenging 52-yard field goal attempt for Mason Crosby, but he still managed to give Green Bay a 3-0 lead.
2. Finding the end zone
Trevor Siemian struggled early in Saturday's game, as he overthrew Demaryius Thomas midway through the first quarter and was picked off by safety Kentrell Brice. On the next drive, though, the Broncos pieced some plays together via C.J. Anderson runs and a 16-yard Siemian scramble. Then, Siemian found Taylor on third down. A week after hitting Taylor for a touchdown on a back-shoulder throw, Siemian tossed one up to Taylor down the right sideline. The third-year wide receiver high-pointed the ball and came down with a highlight-reel catch that set up a C.J. Anderson touchdown run.
3. A Sharp route
Menelik Watson's surprise proposal to his girlfriend in the crowd may have been the highlight of the second half, but Kyle Sloter and Hunter Sharp tried to bring some attention back to the field. On third-and-10 from the Green Bay 41, Sloter found Sharp for a 20-yard completion. One play later, Sloter found Sharp again. This time, the completion was good for 21 yards and a touchdown.
The Broncos have other promotions here, in addition to following promotions available the day after the game:
• Papa John's is offering the "When the Broncos win, you win!" promotion, which gives fans 50 percent off regular-menu-price online orders the day after every Broncos win with promo code "Broncos".
• With two Broncos touchdowns, you score $1 roast beef sandwiches the day after a Broncos game at participating Arby’s.
• Download the McDonald's app for free Broncos gameday offers! Additionally, get a $1 Big Mac sandwich or Sausage McMuffin with egg the day after every Broncos game, as well as 30 percent off any hat after every Broncos game at Denver Broncos team stores with the McDonald's key tag.
• Buffalo Wild Wings: If the Broncos make a field goal, you could win a free sharable at Buffalo Wild Wings!
• At participating Conoco stations, grab a free 12oz cup of coffee between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. the day after a Broncos win.
• At King Soopers, get a free raised or cake donut -- just swipe your SooperCard the day after a Broncos win.