INDIANAPOLIS —The Broncos rode strong performances from Brock Osweiler, C.J. Anderson and the Denver defense to a 25-13 win over the Indianapolis Colts on "Thursday Night Football."
The Broncos' second consecutive win was their first in Indianapolis since a 31-17 in on Dec. 21, 2003.
Running back C.J. Andersonturned in the third-highest rushing total of his career and, in the process, notched his first 100-yard rushing performance since Week 2 against the Dallas Cowboys. Anderson, whose longest carry was 16 yards, was a steady option all evening as he racked up 5.3 yards per carry and finished with 158 yards on 30 carries. Anderson said Tuesday he hoped that Thursday would be a "Cinderella" night in the Broncos' orange Color Rush jerseys that he said make him look like a pumpkin. Anderson, who broke 1,000 all-purpose yards for the season with Thursday's performance, certainly had that type of night. Quarterback Brock Osweiler, who filled in impressively for an injured Trevor Siemian, also earns this honor. He finished 12-for-17 for 194 yards, two touchdowns and a 147.7 rating.
**When the Broncos took control of the ball for the first time in the second half, they trailed 13-7 and had failed to piece together many long drives on the day. That all changed as they held the ball for five minutes, 14 seconds and drove 85 yards in 11 plays. Osweiler capped the drive off with a beautiful 22-yard throw to Cody Latimer, who hauled in the touchdown to give the Broncos the lead for good. Things didn't look smooth early on Thursday night, but the Broncos worked out the kinks as the game went along. This drive, in particular, showed the Broncos' capability on offense and spurred the team's second consecutive win.
462-228. **Head Coach Vance Joseph has noted all season that the Broncos have outgained their opponents by large enough margins to win a lot of football games. Turnovers, unfortunately, have derailed that hope, but Thursday provided a glimpse at what this Broncos team can do in a fair game. Though the Broncos turned the ball over in the first quarter, they rebounded to outgain the Colts 462 yards to 228 yards. Denver, which had 74 offensive plays to Indianapolis' 53, also averaged 6.2 yards per play, nearly two yards more than the Colts gained per snap. The Broncos also rushed for more than 200 yards on the ground, compared to 70 rushing yards for the Colts. They held the advantage in the passing game, too, but it was the ground attack that allowed the Broncos to hold the ball for more than 12 minutes longer than the Colts and control the pace of the game. With timely scoring, a safe offensive approach and another strong defensive performance, that was more than enough to win Thursday's game.
Osweiler found tight endJeff Heuerman **for a 54-yard touchdown as the third quarter wound down to put the Broncos up by two possessions. The completion was the longest play of the Broncos' season and fired up the loud contingent of Broncos fans in attendance. Osweiler then hit a wide-open Cody Latimer on the ensuing two-point conversion attempt.
The Broncos have other promotions here, in addition to following promotions available the day after the game:
- Papa John's is offering the "When the Broncos win, you win!" promotion, which gives fans 50 percent off regular menu price online orders the day after every Broncos win with promo code "Broncos"
- With two Broncos touchdowns, you score $1 roast beef sandwiches the day after a Broncos game at participating Arby's.
- Download the McDonald's app for free Broncos gameday offers! Additionally, get a $1 Big Mac sandwich or Sausage McMuffin with Egg the day after every Broncos Game as well as 30 percent off any hat after every Broncos game at Denver Broncos Team Stores with the McDonald's key tag.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: If the Broncos make a field goal, you could win a free sharable at Buffalo Wild Wings!
- At participating Conoco stations, grab a free 12oz cup of coffee between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. the day after a Broncos win.
- At King Soopers, get a free raised or cake donut -- just swipe your SooperCard the day after a Broncos win.