*DENVER — *The Broncos broke through Sunday with a 23-0 win to snap an eight-game losing streak and begin the fourth quarter of the season on a positive note.
*2-0. *For the first time since an Oct. 1 win over the Raiders, the Broncos won the turnover battle. And with that, they were given enough opportunities to win their first game since that Week 4 meeting with Oakland. The Broncos forced a fumble and recorded an interception on defense, and the offense protected the ball throughout the contest. Losing the turnover battle has been the Broncos' Achilles' heel during their skid, and flipping the ratio in their favor was a key reason they were able to win Sunday's game. The Broncos' defense again played well on third down and held the Jets to an overall average output of 2.1 yards per play, but it's hard to overlook the importance of winning the turnover margin. The Broncos have now won a franchise-record 32 consecutive games when winning the turnover battle. That represents the longest active streak in the NFL.
**The turning point in Sunday's game happened on the Jets' very first possession, as Brandon Marshall ripped the ball away from Jets quarterback Josh McCown. Adam Gotsis recovered the fumble for the Broncos, and Denver took over at the New York 20-yard line. For the first time in nearly two months, it gave the Broncos a chance to grab the upper hand and compete in what Head Coach Vance Joseph has called "a fair game." Given that opportunity, the Broncos would prove they're quite capable as a football team. Two plays later, Trevor Siemian found Demaryius Thomas for a touchdown that gave Denver its largest lead since Oct. 1. The Broncos would never look back from there as they rode another strong defensive performance to a win.
Trevor Siemian lofted a pass deep down the right side of the field, and Demaryius Thomas fought off an interfering defender and went up to snag his fourth touchdown of the season. Thomas celebrated with a powerful spike that seemed to contain some of the frustration that's built in the locker room over the past several weeks.
Perhaps it's fitting that on the day the Broncos ended their longest losing streak in decades, it was two of their longest-tenured players who reached career marks. Demaryius Thomas *caught eight passses for 93 yards and a touchdown as he passed Shannon Sharpe for second place on the Broncos' all-time receiving yardage and touchdown lists. Von Miller*, meanwhile, recorded his 10th sack of the season to become the first player in Broncos' history to record six seasons with 10 or more sacks. The third-quarter sack was the 90th of Miller's career, and Miller now has the fifth-most sacks of any player in NFL history through his first seven years.
The Broncos have other promotions here, in addition to following promotions available the day after the game:
- Papa John’s is offering the “When the Broncos win, you win!” promotion, which gives fans 50 percent off regular menu price online orders the day after every Broncos win with promo code “Broncos”
- Download the McDonald’s app for free Broncos gameday offers! Additionally, get a $1 Big Mac sandwich or Sausage McMuffin with Egg the day after every Broncos Game as well as 30 percent off any hat after every Broncos game at Denver Broncos Team Stores with the McDonald’s key tag.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: If the Broncos make a field goal, you could win a free sharable at Buffalo Wild Wings!
- At participating Conoco stations, grab a free 12oz cup of coffee between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. the day after a Broncos win.
- At King Soopers, get a free raised or cake donut -- just swipe your SooperCard the day after a Broncos win.