SURTAIN II AT A GLANCE:
- A second-year cornerback who started 15-of-16 games during his rookie season, posting 58 tackles (45 solo), four interceptions (70 yds., 1TD) and 14 passes defensed.
- Played 42 games (39 starts) at the University of Alabama, totaling 117 tackles (82 solo), four interceptions (69 yds., 1 TD), 27 pass breakups, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries during his collegiate career (2018-20).
- Contributed to Alabama's 2020 national championship team while being named SEC Defensive Player of the Year, first-team All-SEC, a unanimous first-team All-American and the Rose Bowl's Defensive Most Valuable Player during his final collegiate campaign.
- Named a finalist for the Lott IMPACT and Bronko Nagurski trophies along with the Chuck Bednarik and Jim Thorpe awards.
- Started all 13 games played in 2020, tallying 38 tackles, one interception (25 yds., 1TD), 12 pass breakups and one fumble recovery.
- Collected 42 tackles (32 solo), two interceptions (24 yds.), eight pass breakups, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 2019 while starting all 13 games for the Crimson Tide.
- Started 12-of-15 games as a true freshman, registering 37 tackles (28 solo), one interception (20 yds.), seven pass breakups and one force fumble.
- Attended American Heritage High School in Plantation, Fla., where he led the school to back-to-back 5A state titles during his junior and senior seasons.
- Selected by the Broncos in the first round (9th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.