BRONCOS VS. TEXANS HISTORY
The Broncos are 6-3 (.667) all-time against the Houston Texans in regular season play, including 2-1 (.667) on the road.
The Broncos are 1-of-10 NFL franchise since 1960 to accumulate 500 or more regular-season victories.
QUICK HITS FOR #HOUvsDEN
General Manager George Paton, who was hired by the club on Jan. 13, 2021, is in his third season with the Broncos.
Head Coach Sean Payton has the sixth-most wins (167, reg. + postseason) among active head coaches.
Quarterback Russell Wilson ranks 13th on the NFL's all-time passing touchdowns list.
Quarterback Russell Wilson is the first quarterback in NFL history to accumulate totals of at least 40,000 passing yards and 5,000 rushing yards in his career.
Running back Javonte Williams is 1-of-6 ball carriers with at least 400 rushing yards and 12 big plays rushing since Week 6.
Wide receiver Courtland Sutton is 1-of-4 players this season with totals of at least 500 receiving yards and eight touchdowns.
Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy is 1-of-4 pass catchers in team history to record at least 2,500 receiving yards in his first 45 career games.
Since Week 6, the Broncos have surrendered 16.5 points per game, which ranks third in the NFL during that time.
Cornerback Pat Surtain II is the fifth CB in team history to earn Associated Press All-Pro honors.
Safety Justin Simmons has recorded the most interceptions (30) of any player since 2016.
Safety Justin Simmons and Pro Football Hall of Fame safety Steve Atwater are the only safeties in team history to earn three or more Associated Press All-Pro selections.
Cornerback Pat Surtain II has recorded seven interceptions in his career, which is tied for the most among his 2021 NFL Draft class.
Outside linebacker Jonathon Cooper is tied for the most sacks of any player selected in the 7th round of an NFL Draft since 2019.
Kicker Wil Lutz has recorded the third-most kicking points (871) among all NFL kickers since 2016.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR VS. TEXANS
TEAM (5 consecutive wins)
- Need a win to record first six-game winning streak since Weeks 1-7 of the 2015 season.
TEAM (seeking consecutive road wins)
- Needs a win to register consecutive road victories for the first time since Weeks 1-2 of the 2021 season.
TEAM (Won turnover margin in five consecutive games)
- Needs to win the turnover margin to become the first Broncos team since 1984 (8 games) to win the takeaway battle in at least six straight games.
TEAM (4 consecutive games with at least three takeaways)
- Needs three takeaways to become the first team since Pittsburgh in 2019 (5 games) to post five consecutive games with at least 3 takeaways.
OLB NIK BONITTO (3 career multi-sack games)
- Needs one more game with 1.5 sacks to tie DL Shane Dronett (4) for the third-most multi-sack performances by a Bronco in his first two seasons.
WR JERRY JEUDY (194 receptions in 51 games)
- Needs six receptions to become the fourth-fastest Bronco in team history to reach 200 career receptions.
K WIL LUTZ (90 kicking points in 2023)
- Needs 10 kicking points to become the 13th kicker in NFL history to record 100 or more kicking points in seven of his first eight seasons (missed 2021 season due to injury).
K WIL LUTZ (24 made fields goals in Weeks 1-12)
- Needs two field goals to tie kicker Gene Mingo (26, 1962) for the most field goals by Broncos kicker in the first 13 weeks of a season.
CB JA'QUAN MCMILLIAN (5 tackles for loss in 2023)
- Needs one tackle for loss to set a single-season franchise record for most tackles for loss by a cornerback (6).
S JUSTIN SIMMONS (30 career interceptions)
- Needs one interception to surpass safety Dennis Smith (30) for the third-most interceptions by a Broncos safety.
CB PAT SURTAIN II (33 career passes defensed)
- Needs two passes defensed to tie cornerback Deltha O'Neal (35) for the second-most PDs by a Bronco in his first 45 career games.
WR COURTLAND SUTTON (8 red zone touchdowns in 2023)
- Needs one red zone touchdown to tie WR Wes Welker (9, 2013) for the second-most red zone scores by Broncos receiver in a single season.
TE ADAM TRAUTMAN (2 receiving touchdowns in 2023)
- Needs one receiving score to set a new career high with three touchdown catches this season.
QB RUSSELL WILSON (1+ passing touchdowns in 11 games)
- Needs one passing touchdown to become the first Broncos quarerback since QB Peyton Manning in 2014 to record a passing score in each of the first 12 games of a season.
QB RUSSELL WILSON (0 interceptions in five consecutive games)
- Needs to throw zero interceptions to become the first Broncos starting quarterback since QB Jake Plummer (8 games, 2005) to post zero picks in six consecutive games.