BRONCOS VS. 49ERS HISTORY
The Broncos own a 7-7-0 (.500) all-time record against the 49ers in regular season play, including a 4-2 (.667) mark at home.
HOME SELLOUT STREAK
Denver owns the NFL record sellout streak (423 games) for a single city. The streak, which includes 401 regular-season games and 22 playoff contests, began in Week 1 of the 1970 season.
|Team||Date Started (Opponent)||Streak|
|Denver||Sept. 27, 1970 (vs. Pittsburgh)||423|
|Pittsburgh||Sept. 17, 1972 (vs. Oakland)||416|
|N.Y. Giants||Sept. 15, 1974 (vs. Washington)||380|
|Green Bay||Oct. 2, 1960 (vs. Detroit)||379*|
* Does not include 107 home games played in Milwaukee between 1960-94
# Note excludes games played without fans due to COVID-19. Games with sold-out limited capacity are included. The Broncos sold out all eight regular-season home games prior to the season as well as each of the games played with limited fan capacity (approx. 5,700 seats in Home Games 2-5).
MOST INTs BY A BRONCOS ROOKIE
|1. Goose Gonsoulin||1960||11|
|2. Phil Nugent||1961||7|
|3. Pat Surtain II||2021||4|
|4. Calvin Jones||1973||4|
|5. Charlie Greer||1968||4|
|6. Jack Lentz||1967||4|
QUICK HITS FOR #SFvsDEN
Quarterback Russell Wilson, who clinched his first win as a Bronco in Week 2 against Houston, has the second-most victories among quarterbacks since 2012 with 114.
Quarterback Russell Wilson has totaled a combined 39,446 yards (net pass + rush), ranking him fourth among all QBs since 2012.
Running back Javonte Williams eclipsed the 1,000-yard rushing mark in the Week 2 win against the Texans, becoming the eighth-fastest Bronco to achieve that mark.
Running back Melvin Gordon III became the 14th Bronco in franchise history to record over 2,000 rushing yards after totaling 47 yards on the ground against Houston.
Wide receiver Courtland Sutton has recorded 39 "Big Plays" (receptions of 25 yards or more) since the start of 2018, ranking him third among all AFC wide receivers in that span.
Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy posted his third career 100-yard receiving game after recording four receptions for 102 yards (25.5 avg.) with one touchdown at Seattle.
After allowing just 18.9 points per game in 2021, the Broncos' defense has limited opponents to only 13.0 points per game through the first two weeks, which ties them for the third-best mark in the NFL.
Outside linebacker Randy Gregory has posted 10 forced fumbles since 2018, which ranks fifth among linebackers in that span.
Cornerback Pat Surtain II recorded four interceptions during his rookie season in 2021, ranking him third for most INTs by a Broncos' rookie in team annals.
Safety Kareem Jackson is one-of-two active defensive backs to accumulate 800+ tackles, 20+ interceptions and 100+ PDs since 2010.
Kicker Brandon McManus owns the second-highest FG% in team history and ranks second in total points and field goals made.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR VS. 49ERS
TEAM (7-7-0 all-time record versus San Francisco; 4-2-0 at home)
- Needs a win to improve to 8-7-0 (.533) overall and 5-2-0 (.714) at home in the all-time series versus San Francisco.
TEAM (26-24-0 on Sunday Night Football; 16-11 at home)
- Needs a win to improve record on Sunday Night Football to 27-24-0 (.529) all-time and 17-11 (.607) at home.
TEAM (Three consecutive games with 100-plus yards rushing)
- Needs 100-plus yards rushing to attain its fourth-consecutive game to reach that milestone (started vs. K.C., 1/8/22).
CB RONALD DARBY (89 career passes defensed)
- Needs one more pass defensed to reach 90 career passes defensed in only 87 career games and to record one in his third straight game.
RB MELVIN GORDON III (67 career offensive touchdowns)
- Needs one touchdown to tie RB Ezekiel Elliott and RB Alvin Kamara for the second-most offensive touchdowns by an active running back since 2015.
RB MELVIN GORDON III (1,499 career rushes)
- Needs one more rushing attempt to reach 1,500 on his career, becoming the third active NFL running back to reach that mark.
WR JERRY JEUDY (95 receptions / 1,436 receiving yards)
- Needs five receptions to reach 100 and 64 receiving yards to hit 1,500 for his career.
K BRANDON MCMANUS (890 total points - regular-season + playoffs)
- Needs 10 more points to reach 900 total points in his career including playoffs (857 regular-season, 33 playoffs).
K BRANDON MCMANUS (33 career 50+ yard FGs)
- Needs one more field goal of 50+ yards to jump K Dan Bailey (33) for the 15th-most all time.
CB PAT SURTAIN II (14 passes defensed)
- Needs one PD to tie cornerback Chris Harris Jr. and cornerback Lenny Walls for the sixth-most passes defensed by a Denver Bronco in his first two seasons.
RB JAVONTE WILLIAMS (30 "Big Plays" since entering the NFL)
- Needs one "Big Play" (rush for 10 or more yards) to tie 49ers RB Elijah Mitchell for the fourth-most big plays since the start of the 2021 season.
QB RUSSELL WILSON (294 TD passes)
- Needs one more TD pass to jump QB Carson Palmer (294) for 14th-most in NFL history.
QB RUSSELL WILSON (294 TD passes)
- Needs six passing touchdowns to reach 300 for his career, becoming the fifth active QB to reach that milestone.