ENGLEWOOD, Colo.**– On July 31, the Denver Broncos will welcome back fans to Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Broncos Centre for the first of 14 open training camp practices. But before the fans pack up their Broncos gear and sunscreen, Vice President of Operations Chip Conway has some advice for fans regarding new policies for open practices.
DENVER BRONCOS' 2015 TRAINING
CAMP PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Dates and times subject to change
|7/31||Friday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/1||Saturday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/2||Sunday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/3||Monday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/4||Tuesday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/6||Thursday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/7||Friday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/8||Saturday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/9||Sunday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/11||Tuesday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/12||Wednesday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/17||Monday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/18||Tuesday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
|8/20||Thursday||10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
1. Be ready for that new construction smell…
Fans should expect some fun and exciting changes from previous years. While it was disappointing in 2014 to miss the energy that the fans bring each preseason to training camp, the Broncos have worked hard to make the experience even better.
The biggest addition to Dove Valley is the newly constructed berm that will allow a more pleasurable viewing experience for all fans.
"The biggest one that's obvious is viewing slope behind me," said Conway, who is gearing up for his 21st training camp. "In addition to almost tripling the size of it, we moved it about 20 feet back from the sideline."
Another notable addition is permanent bathrooms for fans, meaning no more portable bathrooms.
2. Get here early for prime parking
All practices that are open to the public will run from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., and parking lots will open 90 minutes prior to the start.
Our advice? Get here as early as possible to avoid searching for parking or ending up in the dirt overflow lots.
"Parking is probably the one thing I'm limited on," Conway said. "But we do have a connection with the Arapahoe county sheriff – a dirt lot just directly west of our facility – that they're allowing us to use as well. So as patrons come in the morning, once those lots are full, they'll be asked to move to other areas around the neighborhood. All I ask is to please be friendly to our corporate neighbors and not block any drives and please pick up after themselves as you're moving about."
3. Bring your hats, sunscreen and small bags
Expect warm summer weather and bright rays at camp. Umbrellas are prohibited during training camp so make sure you bring a hat to cover your face and plenty of sunscreen!
"One thing we do miss from the old slope is the big trees and the shade that it provided," Conway said. "We encourage everyone to come prepared [with] hats, sunscreen – be prepared for some hot rays on that slope."
Take a look at photos from the eighth day of training camp.
In addition, the bag policy in effect at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is the same that will be used during training camp. Each fan may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC, no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar). In addition to one of the bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, subject to search. Fans can find more information on the bag policy here.
4. Be prepared for even better additions
The Broncos are also adding a misting machine and a stroller pen, while three bike racks have been added during constructions.
So fans can not only take a chance to cool off in the misting machine while perusing retail tents (that will be inside the area this season) but can also ride their bikes to avoid the parking and park their stroller in a designated pen.
5. Don't forget your jersey and football
Like every year the Broncos will be available for autographs following practice. The players will do autographs by position groups (WRs, DL, DBs, etc.) but this year there will be two groups instead of one. This will give the fans a better opportunity to meet and get their autographs from their favorite players.
All scheduled open practices are subject to change. Please check DenverBroncos.com for any updates or changes in schedule.*
- General Seating: Fans will be able to view the practices from selected areas that will be marked clearly on site. Fans will primarily be seated along the berm on the west end of the practice fields. The seating area is on a natural grass surface with a very limited amount of shade, so please bring proper footwear, clothing and sunscreen.
- Fan Parking: Parking at the Broncos' facility is located adjacent to the indoor field house (west of the team's main training complex) on a first-come, first-serve basis. Because space is limited, please arrive early. The parking area is open 90 minutes before the start of each practice. Please avoid parking on streets across from team facility.
- ADA: Admission to the Denver Broncos' 2015 training camp will be ADA accessible. Designated ADA parking will be available in the main fan lot. Please note that, like general seating, ADA parking and admission is limited and will be available on a first first-come, first-serve basis.
- Lawn Chairs: Lawn chairs will not be allowed at training camp.
- Umbrellas: Umbrellas of any size will not be permitted inside the Broncos' training facility. Please bring sufficient wet weather attire if necessary.
- Strollers:Will be allowed on the premises but must be left at the gate prior to accessing seating area.
- Cameras: Fans are welcome to use still cameras during Broncos' 2015 training camp, but video cameras (and other recording devices such as cell phones and tablets) will not be permitted. Only members of the media will be allowed to bring cameras with professional lenses and tripods to training camp. Any detachable lenses longer than the length of a credit card will not be permitted on camp premises.
- **Restrooms: *Newly constructed public restrooms will be available for fans near the entrance to the practice fields.
- Food and Beverages: Food concessions will not be sold regularly during training camp, but non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase on site. Food and non-alcoholic beverage items will be permitted in small individual quantities.
- **Inclement Weather: *In case of lightning or other inclement weather, fans will be cleared out of the general seating area allowing for sufficient time to reach their vehicles.