1. Roby rolls to the house
The Broncos' opportunistic defense capitalized on a tipped ball in the second quarter for an electric go-ahead score. San Diego attempted to scrub cornerback Bradley Roby off of wide receiver Tyrell Williams' route with a pick play, but Roby stuck with Williams, who couldn't hold on to the pass and tipped it into the air. It then became a pick play for Roby, who caught the ball, turned upfield and sprinted past a Chargers offensive lineman and Rivers.
- Stewart sets up a touchdown
The Broncos have clearly been practicing their tip drills. When cornerback Lorenzo Doss got his fingers on a pass intended for wide receiver Travis Benjamin, safety Darian Stewart calmly collected the pass and returned it 25 yards to the San Diego 10-yard line. Booker gained 7 yards on his first run and then found room to run from 3 yards out with left tackle Russell Okung, tight end Virgil Green and wide receiver Demaryius Thomas sealing the left edge for Booker to run untouched for the touchdown.
- Booker dances through Chargers' defense
Facing third-and-1 from the San Diego 26, the Broncos pitched the ball to Booker and let him cook. The young back cut back toward the middle of the field, made three Chargers defenders miss and then dragged another before falling at the 8-yard line. Three plays later, the Broncos found the end zone when Siemian handed the ball off to third-year running back Juwan Thompson, who was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad after C.J. Anderson was placed on injured reserve.
- Throw it up to D.T.
After a pick-six from Chargers CB Casey Hayward narrowed the difference to five points, the Broncos refused to be conservative with their meager lead. After a 31-yard pass over the middle to Virgil Green, Trevor Siemian looked to go long again, throwing deep down the left sideline for Demaryius Thomas in one-on-one coverage. Thomas jumped over the defending cornerback and secured possession as he fell out of bounds. The play set up a 22-yard Brandon McManus field goal to give the Broncos an eight-point lead.
- Shut the door
On fourth-and-goal from the 2-yard line with just 2:36 to go in the contest, reserve cornerback Lorenzo Doss stepped in front of tight end Hunter Henry on a quick slant to knock the ball away and conserve the game. The play was the Chargers' last real chance at tying the game while down eight points, but Doss and the rest of the Broncos defense made sure that would not happen. Rivers and the Chargers had four shots at the end zone from the doorstep, but the Broncos secondary held firm and wouldn't let the division win slip away. The Chargers would have one last gasp on a final drive, but they wouldn't come nearly as close to the end zone.
The Broncos have other promotions here, in addition to following promotions available the day after the game:
- Papa John's is offering the "When the Broncos win, you win!" promotion, which gives fans 50 percent off regular menu price online orders the day after every Broncos win with promo code "Broncos"
- With two Broncos touchdowns, you score $1 roast beef sandwiches the day after a Broncos game at participating Arby's.
- Download the McDonald's app for free Broncos gameday offers! Additionally, get a $1 Big Mac sandwich or Sausage McMuffin with Egg the day after every Broncos Game as well as 30 percent off any hat after every Broncos game at Denver Broncos Team Stores with the McDonald's key tag.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: If the Broncos make a field goal, you could win a free sharable at Buffalo Wild Wings!
- At participating Conoco stations, grab a free 12oz cup of coffee between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. the day after a Broncos win.
- At King Soopers, get a free raised or cake donut -- just swipe your SooperCard the day after a Broncos win.