Check out the best shots from a rainy practice at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
DENVER** – The heavy rain didn't stop the Broncos – or 9,207 die-hard fans -- on Wednesday as they practiced at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
· John Boyett, Chase Vaughn, Greg Latta, DeMarcus Ware and John Boyett did not practice today. Ware and Boyett were wearing jerseys, but not in pads.
· Lerentee McCray had a huge day, constantly making tackles and putting pressure on the quarterbacks. He "sacked" Peyton Manning early in practice and then knocked the ball out of Brock Osweiler's hands later in the day.
· McCray and the defensive line had a strong presence on the rain soaked field. On the first play of the team's full-team drill, the defensive line stuffed Ball for no gain. Ronnie Hillman and Kapri Bibbs were also held to little or no gain by the dynamic line.
· Two plays after Ball's run proved fruitless, he cut around the edge just out of the reach of multiple linemen for a touchdown. Ball had another big touchdown run when he ran up the gut during red zone drills.
· Demaryius Thomas, who was in shells at practice, was relatively quiet on his first full day back at camp. He had his first catch of the day during walkthroughs on a post route.
· Kayvon Webster had the only interception of the day as he picked off a pass up the middle from Manning intended for Wes Welker.
· The biggest offensive play of the day was when Manning hit Cody Latimer for a 50-yard completion. Both Bradley Roby and Rahim Moore stuck with Latimer, but the rookie receiver out-jumped them for the ball.
· Moore later made a great play when he forced Julius Thomas to drop the ball and Jordan Sullen broke up a pass from Osweiler intended for Greg Hardin.
· Ball and Nate Irving had excellent battles throughout one-on-ones.
· On a slant route, Andre Caldwell did an excellent job keeping his toes in for a big completion from Manning.
· Osweiler had two consecutive passes to Jordan Norwood during team drills. One was a short pass that set up Norwood for significant yards after the catch. Osweiler then showed Manning-like touch when he found Norwood just inside the end zone, throwing into a narrow window.
· Vickerson, T.J. Ward, and Mitch Unrein all had "sacks" during the day.
· Juwan Thompson had a big run down the middle off a handoff from Osweiler.
· Jacob Tamme was very productive during team drills with two big plays, one was a drag route for a big gain and the other a slant route where he spun around as Irving slipped to gain three extra yards.
· C.J. Anderson's efforts were thwarted by both David Bruton and McCray during full team drills as they tackled him for no gain on two separate plays.
· A handoff from Osweiler to Brennan Clay looked to be a huge gain for the offense, but Kenny Anunike found a way to tackle him and prevent the gain.
· Sione Fua flew up the middle on one play during team drills and he and Ward took Thompson down at the line of scrimmage.
· Linebacker Von Miller participated in some team drills.
· Rookie quarterback Bryn Renner got his first seven-on-seven repetition of camp, an incompletion.
· Bruton took the microphone before stretches and thanked the fans for their support.
· There were 9,207 fans in attendance.