ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – **The Broncos wrapped up camp on Friday with a few big plays on offense and some exciting battles.
Danny Trevathan (knee), Montee Ball (appendectomy), Chase Vaughn (knee), Greg Latta (hip) did not participate. Emmanuel Sanders (quad strain), Virgin Green (calf strain) were held out of practice. Marvin Austin incurred a "little bit of a wrist strain," according to Head Coach John Fox, so he did not participate in the last period.
- Ronnie Hillman appears to be taking advantage of Montee Ball's absence due to an appendectomy. While practicing up-tempo, he caught a long pass down the right sideline, and on the next play he took the ball down the middle for a big gain.
- Juwan Thompson also enjoyed some reps with Peyton Manning, taking a handoff around the left edge for a touchdown just out of Bradley Roby's reach. A few plays later, Corey Nelson found Thompson with a nice tackle.
- Jamar Chaney stood out today with a few dynamic tackles, including taking down Hillman in the backfield.
- Demaryius Thomas was Manning's favorite target of the day. With Rahim Moore and Aqib Talib covering him, Manning and Thomas connected on an out route. Thomas was careful to get his feet in for the completion.
Check out the best photos from the final day of Broncos training camp.
- The defensive line kept consistent pressure on Manning all day and Derek Wolfe finally broke through and "sacked" Manning. During practice the defense got to Manning approximately three times while Osweiler was sacked twice.
- Omar Bolden stood out with a few key plays today, disrupting Brennan Clay's route enough to force an incompletion on what would have been a first down.
- Jacob Tamme attempted to bring in the ball on a corner route but Brandon Marshall made a nice play and got his hands intertwined with Tamme's, forcing him to drop it within the 5-yard line. Tamme later took a shovel pass from Manning and exploded through a hole for a touchdown.
- On a crossing route, Andre Caldwell found the end zone with Talib covering him. The roles were reversed in the next drill, as Talib dove for an interception in the left corner of the end zone on a pass intended for Caldwell.
- Later in the drill, fellow newcomer T.J. Ward's consistent coverage on Tamme prevented a touchdown catch.
- During red zone drills with Rahim Moore in coverage, Wes Welker's diving touchdown catch off a drag route in the back of the end zone gave the offense life.
- Quanterus Smith and Lerentee McCray kept good pressure on Dysert throughout the day.
- David Bruton had a strong day today facing Julius Thomas. On first and goal, Roby and Bruton's pass break up and prevented a Thomas touchdown. On the next play, Thomas got the better of Bruton and held onto the ball for a score.
- The defense got the better of Osweiler during the two-minute drill as he was sacked on the first play with pressure from Brian Sanford and Shaquil Barrett. On the next play, Lamin Barrow picked him off.
QUICK HITS During special teams drills, Manning and Thomas practiced corner routes.
- Colorado Rockies Drew Stubbs and LaTroy Hawkins watched practice today along with former Rocky Todd Helton. Cincinatti Reds Devin Mesoraco and Chris Heisey also watched.
- The Broncos did not wear pads during practice.