Happy Saturday, #BroncosCountry –
We hope you enjoy the start to your weekend! The Broncos depart for San Diego today to get ready to take on the Chargers Sunday afternoon. In the meantime, here are a couple things to get caught up on, starting with crazy wins:
1. Broncos rank in top-five wildest finishes
Would it surprise you if we said the Broncos made the list of the most insane prime-time games this season not once, but twice?
ESPN compiled the five most insane finishes on prime time, and the Broncos hold two of the spots. The first came in Week 2 at Kansas City:
Kansas City was leading Denver by a touchdown with 2:15 to play on Thursday Night Football. After Peyton Manning led a 10-play, 80-yard drive to tie the game, the Chiefs were trying to run out the clock to force overtime. Instead, Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles fumbled and Bradley Roby ran it back 21 yards for a touchdown with 27 seconds left as the Broncos won their seventh straight vs. Kansas City.
The second one may be a little more fresh in your mind:
Denver quarterback Brock Osweiler, making just his second start of his career, looked set to beat undefeated New England in regulation, until Tom Brady led the Patriots down the field and Stephen Gostkowski kicked a 47-yard field goal to send the game to overtime. After the Patriots went three-and-out in overtime, C.J. Anderson scored from 48 yards out, giving the Broncos a walk-off win and the Patriots their first loss of the season.
Read the rest of the insane finishes here.
2. Latimer's baby picks up a football
Wide receiver Cody Latimer's baby boy is just a couple days old and is already learning how to carry the rock:
3. In case you missed it …
- The cold never bothered him anyway: D-Wolfe played his best game against the Pats
- Kubiak should be NFL Coach of the Year. This is why.
- This week's update: Peyton and friends staying back, Ware needs another week and two new babies joined #BroncosCountry
- Young, wild and (playing) free
- Coordinated effort heading to San Diego