BRONCOS VS. CHARGERS HISTORY
The Broncos are 70-55-1 (.560) all-time against the Los Angeles Chargers in regular season play, including 26-37 (.413) on the road.
The Broncos are 1-of-10 NFL franchises since 1960 to accumulate 500 or more regular-season victories.
QUICK HITS FOR #DENVSLAC
General Manager George Paton, who was hired by the club on Jan. 13, 2021, is in his third season with the Broncos.
Head Coach Sean Payton has the sixth-most wins (167, reg. + postseason) among active head coaches.
Quarterback Russell Wilson ranks 13th on the NFL's all-time passing touchdowns list.
Quarterback Russell Wilson is the first quarterback in NFL history to accumulate totals of at least 40,000 passing yards and 5,000 rushing yards in his career.
Running back Javonte Williams is 1-of-6 ball carriers with at least 400 rushing yards and 13 big plays rushing since Week 6.
Wide receiver Courtland Sutton is 1-of-3 players this season with totals of at least 600 receiving yards and nine touchdowns.
Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy is 1-of-4 pass catchers in team history to record at least 2,500 receiving yards in his first 45 career games.
Since Week 6, the Broncos have surrendered 17.3 points per game, which ranks third in the NFL during that time.
Cornerback Pat Surtain II is the fifth CB in team history to earn Associated Press All-Pro honors.
Safety Justin Simmons has recorded the most interceptions (30) of any player since 2016.
Safety Justin Simmons and Pro Football Hall of Fame safety Steve Atwater are the only safeties in team history to earn three or more Associated Press All-Pro selections.
Cornerback Pat Surtain II has recorded seven interceptions in his career, which is tied for the most among his 2021 NFL Draft class.
Outside linebacker Jonathon Cooper is tied for the most sacks of any player selected in the 7th round of an NFL Draft since 2019.
Kicker Wil Lutz is tied for the third-most kicking points (876) among all NFL kickers since 2016.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR VS. CHARGERS
OLB NIK BONITTO (3 career multi-sack games)
- Needs one game with 1.5 sacks to tie DL Shane Dronett (4) for the third-most multi-sack performances by a Bronco in his first two seasons.
OLB JONATHON COOPER (5.5 sacks in 2023)
- Needs one sack to record the most QB takedowns in a single season by a player taken by the Broncos in the seventh round or later since Maa Tanuvasa (7.0) in 1999.
WR JERRY JEUDY (197 receptions in 51 games)
- Needs three receptions to become the fourth-fastest Bronco in team history to reach 200 career receptions.
K WIL LUTZ (95 kicking points in 2023)
- Needs five kicking points to become the 13th kicker in NFL history to record 100 or more kicking points in seven of his first eight seasons (missed 2021 season due to injury).
K WIL LUTZ (25 made fields goals in Weeks 1-13)
- Needs two field goals to tie kicker Gene Mingo (27, 1962) and kicker Jason Elam (27, 2001) for the most field goals by Broncos kicker in the first 14 weeks of a season.
CB JA'QUAN MCMILLIAN (5 tackles for loss in 2023)
- Needs one tackle for loss to set a single-season franchise record for most tackles for loss by a cornerback (6).
S JUSTIN SIMMONS (30 career interceptions)
- Needs one interception to surpass safety Dennis Smith (30) for the third-most interceptions by a Broncos safety.
CB PAT SURTAIN II (34 career passes defensed)
- Needs one pass defensed to tie cornerback Deltha O'Neal (35) for the second-most PDs by a Bronco in his first 46 career games.
WR COURTLAND SUTTON (9 touchdowns in 2023)
- Needs one touchdown to become the first Bronco since wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (11) and tight end Julius Thomas (12) in 2014 to record double-digit receiving touchdowns in a single season.
QB RUSSELL WILSON (1+ passing touchdowns in 12 games)
- Needs one passing touchdown to become the first Broncos quarterback since QB Peyton Manning in 2013 to record a passing score in each of the first 13 games in a single season.