ENGLEWOOD, Colo. --Wide receiver Wes Welker has joined his former teammate Matt Light as well as Celebrities for Charity to raffle off an AFC Championship Game prize package that includes tickets and an all-expense-paid trip to Denver for the game.
"The best part about this raffle is that anyone can participate, and it's going to help us raise a lot of money for at-risk kids who need the help," Welker said in a press release. "Matt and I were teammates in New England and together we've enjoyed coming up with ways to support our favorite causes."
The lucky raffle winner and three guests will attend the game in Denver at Sports Authority Field, where they will get the chance to meet Wes Welker for photos and autographs. Hotel accommodations at the Ritz-Carlton, Denver, are also included, as is dinner at Elway's Steakhouse. The winners will be awarded an allowance of $2,600.00 for roundtrip airfare to Colorado, if needed.
Tickets to the online raffle can be purchased by clicking here. Tickets are $2.00 each and there are no limitations to how many tickets can be purchased per person. Tickets are available until 3:00PM ET on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014. The drawing will be held and the winner will be notified after the raffle closes and the winner is drawn.
See below for the full prize listing:
- Winner and 3 guests will enjoy 4 tickets to the AFC Championship Game between the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos (Sports Authority Field, Sunday, January 19th, 1:05 PM MT Kick off)
- Winner and 3 guests will meet Wes Welker for photos and autographs
- Winner and 3 guests will receive round trip air airfare (if needed, if used, $2,600 maximum)
- Winner and 3 guests will enjoy two night's hotel accommodations at theRitz-Carlton, Denver (Saturday, January 18, 2014 & Sunday, January 19, 2014)
- Winner and 3 guests will each enjoy a 25-minute Ritz-Carlton Spa Treatment
- Winner and 3 guest will enjoy dinner atElway's, John Elway's downtown Denver steakhouse
- Winner will receive a "Keep the Keel Spirit" Gift Basket from Matt Light owned *KEELVodka*
- Winner will receive a $500 allowance for ground transportation meals, and other expenses
- Winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of $$3,690.75 to mitigate the winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the winner, directly to the Internal Revenue Service ($3,108.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($582.75). CFC reserves the right to adjust the value of this prize item depending on the actual value of prizes received