ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos have signed 15 players to future contracts, the team announced Tuesday.
Denver also placed a waiver claim on nose tackle Joel Heath, who was waived by Houston on Saturday. His rights will be awarded to the Broncos on Feb. 3, 2020, the day after Super Bowl LIV.
Heath appeared in 32 games for Houston across four seasons and tallied 34 tackles and three sacks.
Denver signed the 10 members of its practice squad and five additional players to future contracts. The players will be officially added to the team's roster at the start of the new league year, which begins on Wednesday, March 18.
The following players were signed:
- T Ka'John Armstrong (Eastern Michigan)
- WR Trinity Benson (East Central)
- OLB Malik Carney (North Carolina)
- TE Bug Howard (North Carolina)
- S P.J. Locke (Texas)
- WR Kelvin McKnight (Samford)
- RB Khalfani Muhammad (California)
- S Tyvis Powell (Ohio State)
- QB Brett Rypien (Boise Stae)
- DL Jay-Tee Tiuli (Eastern Washington)
- LB Tre' Crawford (Alabama-Birmingham)
- S Kahani Smith (Texas-El Paso)
- LS Wes Farnsworth (Nevada)
- P Trevor Daniel (Tennessee)
- FB Jeremy Cox (Old Dominion)
The Broncos signed 10 players to future contracts ahead of the 2019 season, and three of the players spent time on the active roster this season. Alexander Johnson and Austin Schlottmann led the group, as they started 12 and four games, respectively.