Darrent Williams Tribute
Darrent Williams died in the early morning hours of New Year's Day 2007 after being shot near downtown Denver just hours after he and the Broncos completed their 2006 season. He was just 24 years old and is survived by his mother, Rosalind, two young children, numerous other family members and an array of friends from his hometown of Fort Worth, Texas, his new home in Parker, Colo., and from other places near and far.
Darrent spent much of his childhood at the Boys and Girls Club in Fort Worth and devoted time here in Denver to the kids of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver. To continue his legacy, the Broncos and the Boys and Girls Clubs are partnering to develop the Darrent Williams Memorial Teen Center as a new extension of the Denver Broncos Boys and Girls Club in Montebello.
All proceeds from the Mike Shanahan Golf Classic and the Broncos License Plates proceeds from July 2007 to December 2007 will go towards the Darrent Williams Memorial Teen Center.
Follow the links below to read more about the life and all-too-brief professional football career of a man who was not only the Broncos' starting cornerback and punt returner, but a friend who had a smile for everyone who crossed his path with the organization.
Darrent Williams: A Retrospective
- April 23, 2005: Broncos Take Williams in Second Round
- June 15, 2005: For Williams, the Field Is His Classroom
- July 29, 2005: Williams' First Camp Practice
- Aug. 10, 2005: Williams' Rookie Journal: Week 1
- Aug. 10, 2005: Williams' Rookie Journal: Week 2
- Aug. 14, 2005: Williams Part of a Youth Movement
- Aug. 17, 2005: Williams' Rookie Journal: Week 3
- Aug 29, 2005: With Bailey Injured, Williams Grows Up Fast
- Sept. 9, 2005: A Different World for Darrent Williams
- Sept. 28, 2005: Williams Ascends, But Learning Continues
- Oct. 13, 2005: Williams Answers Fans' Questions
- Oct. 13, 2005: Williams, Foxworth Bound By Success
- Nov. 14, 2005: The Power of the Big Play
- Dec. 20, 2005: Williams Recovers from Groin Injury
- Dec. 28, 2005: Williams a Quick Healer
- Jan. 4, 2006: Williams Returns to Practice After Groin Injury
- Jan. 10, 2006: Williams Undeterred in Recovery
- Jan. 15, 2006: Williams' First Playoff Game
- Jan. 16, 2006: Day Off a Boon to Williams
- Jan. 24, 2006: Williams Looks Back on Season
- May 24, 2006: Competition Amongst Friends
- Oct. 13, 2006: Williams Answers Fans' Questions
- Oct. 30, 2006: Williams Looks Back on Colts Game
- Nov. 6, 2006: Turnovers Come Fast, Furious in Win at Pittsburgh
- Nov. 9, 2006: Williams' Quick Recovery from Shoulder Injury
- Nov. 16, 2006: Williams Plans on Returning Punts, Even When Hurting