BALL AT A GLANCE:
• A running back who started 32-of-49 games at the University of Wisconsin and totaled 5,140 rushing yards while setting the NCAA Football Subdivision career scoring record (500 pts.).
• Ranked second on the Broncos with 559 rushing yards on 120 carries (4.7 avg.) and four rushing touchdowns as a rookie in 2013.
• Finished his collegiate career as the NCAA FBS active leader in carries (924), rushing yards (5,140), rushing touchdowns (77) and total touchdowns (82).
• Named the 2012 Doak Walker Award winner after finishing sixth in the nation with 130.7 rushing yards per game and earned first-team All-America and All-Big Ten Conference recognition for the second consecutive season.
• Finished as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy in 2011 after leading the nation with 1,923 rushing yards and tying Barry Sanders' NCAA single-season record with 39 total touchdowns (33 rushing, 6 receiving).
• Burned his redshirt five games into his true freshman year in 2009 and contributed 391 rushing yards and four touchdowns in his first season with the Badgers before following it up with a 996-yard, 18-touchdown campaign as a sophomore.
• Set district records for career rushing yards (8,222) and touchdowns (107) at Wentzville (Mo.) High School, where he was a three-time team captain and Class 5A Player of the Year as a senior in 2008.
• Selected by the Broncos in the second round (58th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Denver as a draft choice 6/13/13.
2013: Ball played all 16 games and finished second on the team with 559 rushing yards on 120 carries (4.7 avg.) with four touchdowns as a rookie... Also caught 20 passes for 145 yards (7.3 avg.) and ranked fifth on the team with six special-teams tackles... Ran for 61 yards on 11 carries in Denver’s Week 3 win vs. Oak. (9/23)...Made his first career special-teams tackle at Ind. (10/20)... Scored his first career touchdown on a 4-yard run and tied his career high with 12 carries vs. Was. (10/27)... Posted his first multiple-touchdown game with a pair of scoring runs and added a special-teams stop vs. K.C. (11/18)... Named a finalist for the Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week after registering his first career 100-yard game, finishing with 117 yards on 13 carries (9.0 avg.) at K.C. (12/1)... Ran for a 5-yard touchdown and finished with 77 yards on 15 carries vs. Ten. (12/8)... Led the team with two special-teams tackles and ran four times for 32 yards at Hou. (12/22)... Played all three postseason games, carrying 28 times for 96 yards (3.4 avg.).
2012: Ball was named the winner of the Doak Walker Award as the nation's best running back in addition to capturing consensus first-team All-America and unanimous first-team All-Big Ten Conference honors...Also earned recognition as the league's Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year after totaling 1,831 rushing yards with 22 touchdowns on 356 carries (5.1 avg.)...Ranked sixth in the nation with 130.7 rushing yards per game and added 10 receptions for 72 yards (7.2 avg.)...Named MVP of the Big Ten Championship Game after totaling 202 yards rushing and three touchdowns in Wisconsin's 70-31 win vs. Nebraska (12/1).
2011: Ball was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy after tying Barry Sanders' NCAA single-season record with 39 total touchdowns (33 rushing, 6 receiving) in addition to learning the nation with 1,923 rushing yards on 307 carries (6.3 avg.)...Scored at least two touchdowns in each of the first 13 games to represent an NCAA record... Averaged 164.0 all-purpose yards and totaled 15 touchdowns in five games against ranked opponents.
2010: Ball played 12 games, starting the Badgers' last four contests and rushing for 996 yards and 18 touchdowns on 163 carries (6.1 avg.) to garner honorable mention All-Big Ten honors.
2009: Ball burned his redshirt five games into his true freshman campaign and saw action in the season's final nine contests...Contributed 391 rushing yards and four touchdowns on 98 attempts (4.0 avg.).
HIGH SCHOOL: Ball attended Timberland High School in Wentzville, Mo., where he amassed 8,222 career rushing yards and 107 rushing touchdowns, capping his prep career by being voted Class 5A Player of the Year as a senior by the Missouri Football Coaches Association... Earned first-team all-state, all-metro, all-district and all-conference recognition after rushing for 2,187 yards and 41 touchdowns on just 213 carries (10.3 avg.) during his final season at Timberland... Totaled 3,077 rushing yards during his junior campaign.
PERSONAL: Ball majored in sociology at Wisconsin...First name is pronounced mon-TAY...Montee Ball was born on Dec. 5, 1990, in Wentzville, Mo.
Running back Montee Ball runs in a 5-yard touchdown against the Tennessee Titans in Week 14.
Broncos TV wired Shaun Phillips and Montee Ball for Sunday's game against Jacksonville.
Rookie running back Montee Ball is surprised on camera with a shaving cream pie to face by Knowshon Moreno.
Montee Ball wants to be the starter and is using momentum from Saturday's game to improve.