BOOKER AT A GLANCE:
• A running back who started 19-of-23 games played at the University of Utah after beginning his collegiate career at American River College.
• Rushed for 2,773 yards on 560 carries (5.0 avg.) with 21 touchdowns and caught 80 passes for 624 yards (7.8 avg.) with two touchdowns in his two seasons at Utah.
• Started the first 10 games of his senior season, carrying 268 times for 1,261 yards (4.7 avg.) with 11 touchdowns before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
• Named a Maxwell Award semifinalist (national player of the year) and Doak Walker Award semifinalist (nation’s top running back) in addition to earning second-team All-Pac-12 Conference honors as a senior.
• Appeared in 13 games (9 starts) as a junior, earning first-team All-Pac-12 recognition after rushing for 1,512 yards on 292 carries (5.2 avg.) with 10 touchdowns.
• Attended Grant Union High School in Sacramento, Calif., where he rushed for 2,884 yards and 45 touchdowns as a senior and was named to the Sacramento Bee’s all-metro teams in 2008 and ‘09.
• Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (136th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2015: Booker started the first 10 games of the year before suffering a season-ending knee injury... Totaled 1,261 yards on 268 carries (4.7 avg.) with 11 touchdowns in addition to catching 37 passes for 318 yards (8.6 avg.)... Led the nation with 305 touches from scrimmage (30.5 per game) and carries per game (26.8) at the time of his knee injury... Named a Maxwell Award semifinalist (national player of the year) and Doak Walker Award semi - finalist (nation’s top running back) in addition to earning All-Pac-12 second-team honors... Ranked third in the Pac-12 (11th in the NCAA) with 126.1 rushing yards per game... Posted seven 100-yard rushing games... Named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after rushing for a season-high 222 rushing yards vs. California (10/10).
2014: Booker opened 9-of-13 contests his junior season, finishing with 292 carries for 1,512 yards (5.2 avg.) with 10 touchdowns in addition to 43 catches for 306 yards (7.1 avg.) with two touchdowns... Posted the second-most yards (1,512) and third-most carries (292) in school history... Named a first-team All-Pac-12 selection... Notched seven-100 yard games, including in Utah’s first five conference games of the season... Finished second in the Pac-12 and 17th in the nation in all-purpose yards per game (144.2)
2013: Booker did not play football during the 2013 season.
2012: Booker earned first-team All-Valley Conference honors and led the league in rushing yards (1,472) and touchdowns (15) for American River College.
2011: Booker rushed for 793 yards and 12 touchdowns on 100 carries (7.9 avg.) as a freshman at American River College, helping the school to the 2012 Northern California Football Association Championship Game.
HIGH SCHOOL: Booker attended Grant Union High School in Sacramento, Calif., where he rushed for 2,884 yards and 45 touchdowns as a senior... Helped Grant High to the 2008 CIF State Open Division state title as a junior, leading the team in rushing yards (1,850) and touchdowns (36)... Named to the Sacramento Bee’s all-metro teams in 2008 and 2009.
PERSONAL: Booker received a bachelor’s degree in sociology in December of 2015... Devontae Booker was born on May 27, 1992, in Sacramento, Calif.
Here's a look back at the 'best of the best' from the Broncos' win over Jacksonville.
Former Broncos QB Jake Plummer delivers Denver's fourth-round selection from Winter Park, Colorado.