The year's Orange Ride is scheduled for Oct. 23, 2014 with a start time of 4:30 p.m. from the Denver City and County Building. We have put together a list of activities leading up to that night's Broncos game against San Diego. We hope to see you there!
|3-4 p.m.||Pregame fan rally in front of Denver City and County Building|
|4:30 p.m.||Ride departs Denver City and County Building to Sports Authority Field at Mile High|
|5:00 p.m.||Ride arrives at Sports Authority Field at Mile High|
|5-6 p.m.||Orange Ride pregame tailgate party at Sports Authority Field at Mile High|
|6:00 p.m.||Orange Ride departs stadium to Tavern Downtown to watch the Broncos game|
|6:25 p.m.||Watch the Broncos game while enjoying Tavern Downtown’s food and drink specials|
|And don't forget that the Broncos and Denver B-cycle have teamed up to offer a new bike valet service for home games for the 2014 season, giving fans a place to park their bike in a secure place staffed by B-cycle volunteers!|
Broncos Bunch Trick-or-Treat
Sign up at http://broncosbunch.com
HARVEY AT A GLANCE:
• A fourth-year defensive end who saw action in 47-of-48 games, making 32 starts in his first three seasons with Jacksonville and leading the team with 57 quarterback pressures during that time.
• Opened all 16 games for the Jaguars in 2009 and led the club’s defensive linemen with 69 tackles (37 solo).
• Made nine starts as a rookie in 2008 to set a franchise record for defensive linemen, leading the team with 29 quarterback pressures and a career-best 3.5 sacks (21 yds.).
• Ranked ninth in University of Florida history with 20.5 career sacks, including 19.5 sacks accumulated during his sophomore and junior seasons.
• Named Defensive MVP of the 2007 BCS National Championship game against Ohio State after posting three sacks and one fumble recovery in the Gators’ 41-14 win.
• Named Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior at Eleanor Roosevelt High School (Greenbelt, Md.) and set a state record with 31 sacks despite playing just his second season of organized football.
• Joined the Broncos as a free agent on Aug. 1, 2011.
• Selected by Jacksonville in the first round (8th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Jacksonville as a draft choice 8/27/08; Waived by Jacksonville 7/29/11; Signed by Denver 8/1/11.
Quickly: Harvey is a fourth-year defensive end who saw action in five games his first season with the Broncos and had four tackles (two solo). He played in 47-of-48 games, making 32 starts in his first three seasons with Jacksonville and leading the team with 57 quarterback pressures during that time… He opened all 16 games for the Jaguars in 2009 and led the club’s defensive linemen with 69 tackles (37 solo). He was selected by Jacksonville in the first round (8th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft and joined the Broncos as a free agent on August 1, 2011.
2011 Season Highlights:
2010: Harvey played 15 games (7 starts) for Jacksonville and finished with 34 tackles (16 solo), 2.5 sacks (17.5 yds.) and eight quarterback pressures... Saw his 26-game starting streak snapped at Dal. (10/31).
2009: Harvey opened all 16 games for the first time in his career and totaled 69 tackles (37 solo) to lead all Jaguars defensive linemen... Added two sacks (8 yds.), one pass defensed and one fumble recovery, while leading the club with 20 quarterback pressures.
2008: Selected by Jacksonville in the first round (8th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft, Harvey played all 16 games for the Jaguars and made the most starts (9) by a rookie defensive end in franchise history... Posted 35 tackles (23 solo), 3.5 sacks (21 yds.), one interception (0 yds.) and two passes defensed in addition to leading the team with 29 quarterback pressures... Recorded an interception at Ten. (9/7) in his first NFL game by picking off Titans
quarterback Vince Young in the fourth quarter... Totaled nine tackles, including a career-high two sacks (10 yds.) at Bal. (12/28).
COLLEGE: Harvey played 36 games (18 starts) in three seasons at the University of Florida, where he finished his career ranked ninth in school history with 20.5 career sacks... Added 90 tackles, three fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles for the Gators... Started all 13 games as a junior in his final season with Florida and notched 8.5 sacks to lead the team and tie for fifth in the Southeastern Conference... Named Defensive MVP of the 2007 BCS National Championship Game against Ohio State after totaling three sacks (31 yds.) and a fumble recovery... Earned second-team All-SEC honors during his final two seasons.
PERSONAL: Harvey attended Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Md., where he recorded 150 tackles and a state-record 31 sacks as a senior in just his second year playing organized football... Named Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year in 2003 in addition to earning second-team All-USA honors from USA Today... Majored in anthropology at Florida... Derrick Harvey was born on Nov. 9, 1986, in Greenbelt, Md.
October 20th, 2002 Hall of Fame tight end Shannon Sharpe set a team record 214-yards receiving on 12 receptions.
DeMarcus Ware talks about how he finished Sunday's game with three sacks and getting ready for San Diego.
Linebacker Von Miller talks about how his teammates are helping him get to quarterbacks.
Head Coach John Fox on this week's quick turnaround and what the defense is doing well.