THOMAS AT A GLANCE:
• A fifth-year player who joins Rubin Carter (1975-78) as the only interior defensive linemen in Broncos history to play every game during their first four professional seasons.
• Recorded his second-highest career tackle total (35) in 2010, including his first career sack vs. N.Y. Jets (10/17/10).
• Appeared in all 16 games for Denver in 2009 and had 15 tackles along with the first blocked extra point by a Bronco in five seasons (vs. San Diego, 11/22/09).
• Registered a career-high 57 tackles (35 solo), which led the defensive line, and had one interception in 2008 as one of two Denver defenders to start all 16 games that year.
• Saw time in all 16 games (5 starts) for the Broncos as a rookie in 2007, totaling 30 tackles (17 solo) and one interception.
• Tied for second in Broncos history among defensive linemen with two career interceptions.
• Started 30 career games during four seasons at the University of Florida and recorded consecutive 12-start campaigns for the Gators from 2004-05.
• Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Denver as a draft choice 7/11/07; Signed by Denver as an unrestricted free agent 8/1/11.
2011 Season Highlights:
• at Miami (10/23) Recorded two tackles (both solo) in his first start of the 2011 season.
• at Kansas City (11/13): Had two tackles (one solo) including a tackle for loss in the third quarter.
• at San Diego (11/27): Had his first pass breakup this season.
• vs. Chicago (12/11): Had six tackles including two for a loss.
• vs. New England (12/18) His nine total tackles were tied for the team lead.
2010: Thomas played all 16 games (2 starts) and posted 35 tackles (29 solo) to finish third among Broncos defensive linemen in that category... Joined Rubin Carter (1975-77) as the only Broncos interior defensive linemen in club history to not miss a game during their first three professional seasons... Recorded his first career sack vs. NYJ (10/17)... Totaled a career-high 10 tackles vs. Oak. (10/24).
2009: Thomas played all 16 games (0 starts) for the Broncos, totaling 15 tackles (9 solo)... Blocked an extra point attempt vs. S.D. (11/22), marking the first time in five seasons Denver blocked an extra point.
2008: Thomas started all 16 games for Denver and totaled 57 tackles (35 solo), one interception (11 yds.) and one pass breakup... Led the Broncos’ defensive line in tackles... Joined cornerback Dré Bly as one of two Broncos defenders to start all 16 games... Intercepted Jeff Garcia vs. T.B. (10/5) for his second career interception that tied him for second in Denver history for interceptions by a defensive lineman (DE Ed Cooke had a team-record three interceptions from 1964-65).
2007: Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft, Thomas played all 16 games (5 starts) as a rookie, totaling 30 tackles (17 solo), one interception (-2 yds.), one pass breakup and one fumble recovery... Started each of Denver’s final four games... Intercepted Josh McCown vs. Oak. (9/16).
COLLEGE: Thomas played 41 career games (30 starts) at the University of Florida, registering 157 tackles (93 solo), 14 sacks (85 yds.), two pass breakups and two forced fumbles... Had at least four sacks in each of his final three seasons at Florida... Named a preseason All-American and a preseason All-Southeastern Conference choice as a senior while appearing on the watch lists for the Bednarik Award, Lombardi Award and Outland Trophy... Member of Head Coach Urban Meyer’s leadership committee... Received honorable mention All-SEC accolades as
a junior who started all 12 games... Named to the Knoxville News-Sentinel’s All-Freshman Team.
PERSONAL: Thomas was a SuperPrep All-American as a senior at Mandarin High School in Jacksonville, Fla.... Added first-team Class 6A all-state honors as a senior, leading Mandarin with 30 sacks, a total that was two shy of the state single-season record... Played sparingly at fullback during his senior season and had one 100-yard rushing performance... Contributed 80 tackles and 15 sacks as a junior... Can do a standing backflip, which he learned as a youth participating in gymnastics... Majored in anthropology at Florida... Marcus Thomas was born on Sept. 23, 1985, in Yokosuka, Japan.
Mark Sanchez practices, Trevor Siemian impresses and Paxton Lynch focuses on footwork as the Broncos began OTAs on Tuesday.
Broncos TV's Phil Milani talks 1-on-1 with the VP of NFL Officiating Dean Blandino about the owner's voting to change instant replay.
Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about the status of quarterbacks Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch as OTAs begin on Tuesday.
From hooks and slices to exploding and wobbly fake golf balls, the Broncos' day at the golf course was full of fun and games.