HARVEY AT A GLANCE:
• A fourth-year defensive end who saw action in 47-of-48 games, making 32 starts in his first three seasons with Jacksonville and leading the team with 57 quarterback pressures during that time.
• Opened all 16 games for the Jaguars in 2009 and led the club’s defensive linemen with 69 tackles (37 solo).
• Made nine starts as a rookie in 2008 to set a franchise record for defensive linemen, leading the team with 29 quarterback pressures and a career-best 3.5 sacks (21 yds.).
• Ranked ninth in University of Florida history with 20.5 career sacks, including 19.5 sacks accumulated during his sophomore and junior seasons.
• Named Defensive MVP of the 2007 BCS National Championship game against Ohio State after posting three sacks and one fumble recovery in the Gators’ 41-14 win.
• Named Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior at Eleanor Roosevelt High School (Greenbelt, Md.) and set a state record with 31 sacks despite playing just his second season of organized football.
• Joined the Broncos as a free agent on Aug. 1, 2011.
• Selected by Jacksonville in the first round (8th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Jacksonville as a draft choice 8/27/08; Waived by Jacksonville 7/29/11; Signed by Denver 8/1/11.
Quickly: Harvey is a fourth-year defensive end who saw action in five games his first season with the Broncos and had four tackles (two solo). He played in 47-of-48 games, making 32 starts in his first three seasons with Jacksonville and leading the team with 57 quarterback pressures during that time… He opened all 16 games for the Jaguars in 2009 and led the club’s defensive linemen with 69 tackles (37 solo). He was selected by Jacksonville in the first round (8th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft and joined the Broncos as a free agent on August 1, 2011.
2011 Season Highlights:
2010: Harvey played 15 games (7 starts) for Jacksonville and finished with 34 tackles (16 solo), 2.5 sacks (17.5 yds.) and eight quarterback pressures... Saw his 26-game starting streak snapped at Dal. (10/31).
2009: Harvey opened all 16 games for the first time in his career and totaled 69 tackles (37 solo) to lead all Jaguars defensive linemen... Added two sacks (8 yds.), one pass defensed and one fumble recovery, while leading the club with 20 quarterback pressures.
2008: Selected by Jacksonville in the first round (8th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft, Harvey played all 16 games for the Jaguars and made the most starts (9) by a rookie defensive end in franchise history... Posted 35 tackles (23 solo), 3.5 sacks (21 yds.), one interception (0 yds.) and two passes defensed in addition to leading the team with 29 quarterback pressures... Recorded an interception at Ten. (9/7) in his first NFL game by picking off Titans
quarterback Vince Young in the fourth quarter... Totaled nine tackles, including a career-high two sacks (10 yds.) at Bal. (12/28).
COLLEGE: Harvey played 36 games (18 starts) in three seasons at the University of Florida, where he finished his career ranked ninth in school history with 20.5 career sacks... Added 90 tackles, three fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles for the Gators... Started all 13 games as a junior in his final season with Florida and notched 8.5 sacks to lead the team and tie for fifth in the Southeastern Conference... Named Defensive MVP of the 2007 BCS National Championship Game against Ohio State after totaling three sacks (31 yds.) and a fumble recovery... Earned second-team All-SEC honors during his final two seasons.
PERSONAL: Harvey attended Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Md., where he recorded 150 tackles and a state-record 31 sacks as a senior in just his second year playing organized football... Named Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year in 2003 in addition to earning second-team All-USA honors from USA Today... Majored in anthropology at Florida... Derrick Harvey was born on Nov. 9, 1986, in Greenbelt, Md.
Broncos fans arrived early for day one of training camp to begin the 2016 season.
DeMarcus Ware talks about his goal for a potential return to the field after dealing with back issues.
The BTV crew talks with Broncos running back Kapri Bibbs to get his thoughts on the first day of training camp.
Watch highlights of the Broncos first practice of this year's training camp.