JANOVICH AT A GLANCE:
• A fullback who appeared in 50 games (10 starts) for the University of Nebraska, contributing on offense and special teams.
• Carried 42 times for 265 yards (6.3 avg.) with three touchdowns in addition to catching two passes for 58 yards (29.0 avg.) during his senior season in 2015.
• Led Nebraska with 13 special-teams tackles in 2015, earning honorable mention All-Big Ten Conference accolades.
• Helped running back Ameer Abdullah eclipse 1,000 yards rushing yards in three consecutive seasons (2012-14).
• Earned a scholarship prior to the start of his sophomore season after appearing in 11 games as a true freshman walk-on.
• Attended Gretna (Neb.) High School, where he was named first-team All-Nebraska by the Omaha World-Herald as a linebacker.
• Selected by the Broncos in the sixth round (176th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2015: Janovich appeared in 13 games (6 starts) for the University of Nebraska, finishing with 42 carries for 265 yards (6.3 avg.) with three touchdowns... Added two catches for 58 yards (29.0 avg.)... Led the team with 13 special-teams tackles... Notched multiple special-teams tackles in five games... Totaled 113 yards of offense vs. Southern Miss (9/27).
2014: Janovich saw action in 13 games (2 starts) and caught one pass for 16 yards... Blocked for running back Ameer Abdullah’s third consecutive 1,000-yard rushing effort.
2013: Janovich was a awarded a scholarship prior to the start of his sophomore season... Played 13 games at fullback, but did not register any statistics.
2012: Janovich appeared in 11 games (2 starts) as a walk-on true freshman... Carried three times for six yards (2.0 avg.) and caught two passes for 13 yards (6.5 avg.).
HIGH SCHOOL: Janovich attended Gretna (Neb.) High School, where he was named first-team All-Nebraska by the Omaha World-Herald as a linebacker and was part of the Lincoln Journal Star’s second-team Super State squad as a senior... Led Gretna to the Nebraska Class B semifinals in his senior campaign, leading the team with 112 tackles and rushing for 799 yards with 18 touchdowns... Selected to play in the Nebraska Shrine Bowl... Enjoyed a perfect record during final two seasons in wrestling, winning the 2012 Class B 220- pound championship with a 46-0 record and 2011 the 189-pound title with a 53-0 record.
PERSONAL: Janovich majored in management at the University of Nebraska... Named to the Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll in the spring of 2013... Andy Janovich was born on May 23, 1993, in Gretna, Neb
Broncos TV talks 1-on-1 with sixth-round pick Andy Janovic about playing fullback in Head Coach Gary Kubiak and Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison's system.