Peyton Manningand Demaryius Thomasshowed some chemistry in 7-on-7s, connecting on consecutive plays for good gains against Aqib Taliband Bradley Roby.
- Manning also hit
Emmanuel Sanderson a sharp throw down the seam for a big gain. But Rahim Moorewas in position to lay a big hit on the play if it were in a game. Danny Trevathanmaintained his steady performance from camp, making a few nice plays. First, he broke up a pass to Virgil Greenfrom Manning in 7-on-7. In team drills, he halted Juwan Thompsonand drove him backward before bursting through on the blitz a few plays later for an easy sack of Brock Osweiler.
- Osweiler showed off his zip on the ball early in 7-on-7 drills with nice back-to-back throws. The first was an incompletion but was placed nicely just beyond tight coverage from
Lerentee McCrayto Virgil Green, who couldn't quite corral it with his fingertips. The second was a bullet to Andre Caldwellon a slant just out of Lamin Barrow's reach and in front of Duke Ihenacho.
- Barrow flashed again, getting in passing lanes and moving quickly to the ball after short completions. He nearly intercepted an Osweiler pass to
Gerell Robinsonduring 7-on-7, instead knocking it down, and later tackled Emmanuel Sanders for a short gain immediately after Sanders caught the ball. Zac Dysertconnected with Jameson Konzand Cameron Morrahfor a few big gains off of play-action.
- With the scrimmage in a full-tackle format, a few players showed their ability to get loose in tight spaces. Demaryius Thomas juked
Omar Boldenafter a short catch to pick up big yardage, C.J. Andersonhad a slashing, tackle-breaking run for 17 yards, and Ronnie Hillmanturned a short pass into a 10-yard gain by spinning around Ihenacho.
Bennie Fowlertwice made the effort to stay in bounds after a catch and pick up extra yardage by going through a defender. First, he slipped by Aqib Talib and nearly got into the end zone. Later, he got through Jerome Murphy for a good gain.
- The play of the day came from
Jacob Tamme, who used his right hand to snag a touch pass from Manning in the corner of the end zone, bringing it in just out of the reach of Bolden for a touchdown on the offense's first drive. Tamme just missed what would have been a nearly identical touchdown on the offense's second drive, just a few plays after picking up big yardage on a pass down the sideline. Derek Wolfeand Malik Jacksoneach got through for what likely would have been sacks in a game.
- Osweiler and Robinson connected for two nice plays, the first of which was a frozen rope for which Robinson had to elevate. He went up between
Quinton Carterand Rahim Moore and made a great catch, holding on through the collision. Osweiler and Robinson capped the drive with a touchdown on a short toss through traffic. Kapri Bibbsshowed well when he touched the ball on three consecutive plays. He got through the line for six or seven yards on the first play, then scooted over left guard for a few more. On 3rd-and-1, he caught a pass in the flats and picked up big yards after the catch, turning the play into a 14-yard gain.
- Even though Ware, Vickerson, Harris and Julius Thomas didn't participate fully, all four received very warm welcomes when they came out of the tunnel prior to the beginning of practice.
Von Milleraddressed the fans at the start of the stretching period, telling them, "We miss you at Dove Valley," and thanked them for coming out to the stadium.
- The linemen came on to the field later than the rest of the team and brought quite a cheer from the crowd.
- The Broncos' cheerleaders performed between 7-on-7 drills and the scrimmage, drawing a big roar from the fans.
- The entire attendance showed their energy with a spirited wave that wrapped around the stadium for several minutes during the special teams period prior to the start of the scrimmage.