You have to wait just one more sleep until the Broncos host the Patriots, but in the meantime, here are a couple things to get caught up on, starting with Denver’s home-field advantage:
1. The science behind the ‘Mile High Magic’
The Broncos fought at the end of season for home-field advantage, not only for their screaming fans on defense, and the quiet while on offense, but for the elevation at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
The home of the Broncos is the only NFL stadium 5,280 feet above sea level, which dwarfs Gillette Stadium’s 257 feet of elevation. That’s a difference of three and a half Empire State Buildings.
ESPN’s Sport Science broke down just what makes the Mile High City one of the best home fields:
2. The Hulk aka
We’re betting DeMarcus is going to come out the tunnel just like this on Sunday:
3. In case you missed it …
- Empire State Building to be lit up with conference championship team colors
- Broncos vs. Patriots TV broadcast will feature state-of-the-art tech
- Broncos use technology to deepen fan support
- When Broncos are loud, 'We're pretty good'
- 11 stats to arm yourself with for the Patriots-Broncos AFC title game