- Windpower Offset
- The Broncos have purchased renewable energy through Xcel Energy's Windsource Program to offset 100% of the electricity used to power all home games for the 2011 season.
- Single Stream Recycling
- In August of 2007 Sports Authority Field implemented a stadium wide recycling program.
- Cardboard Recycling
- In February of 2008 the stadium purchased a cardboard baler and began recycling cardboard.
- Green Team
- Prior to the 2008 season Sports Authority Field partnered with Johnson and Wales University and formed the Green Team. While on-site at Sports Authority Field they roam the stadium parking lots distributing free trash bags to tailgaters and encouraging them to recycle in the parking lots as well as inside the stadium.
- Composting began in November of 2008 in the main kitchens.
- Energy Management
- The stadium has instituted an Energy Management Program, and due to this program the stadium has seen an 11% reduction in it's energy usage.
- This reduction is due in large part to the following improvements:
- Lighting Retrofits - 300 lighting fixtures were retrofitted during in 2009, estimated to save 1.4 million Kwh / annually.
- 23 Motion Sensors were installed in various office areas.
- Reduction in HVAC operating schedule, reducing heating and cooling hrs by approx. 700 hours annually.
- Installation of (16) in-ceiling Airius fan units were installed in locations with high ceilings. This improvement helps in circulating air and preventing levels of temperature variations from developing.
- For 2010, the installation of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's) is scheduled for the stadiums cooling towers. This project is estimated to reduce energy usage by over 200,000 KWh annually.
- Rocky Mountain Region Greener Venues Partnership
- The first partnership of its kind, Sports Authority Field became a charter member of the program along with the other major Sports and Entertainment Venues in the Denver Metro Area. The EPA helped in forming the partnership and is using the program as a template for other cities in the US.
- In 2009 citizens of Broncos Country helped generate $1.3 million for Colorado State Parks, Great Outdoors Colorado and the Conservation Trust Fund, which supports recreation facilities statewide by playing the Denver Broncos Scratch Game from Colorado Lottery. Thank you for helping to keep Broncos Country Beautiful and don't forget to purchase Broncos Scratch Tickets again this season.
- How many plastic bottles do Americans go through every year? 2.5 million, by recycling only one out of every ten of the bottles we use; it would reduce the amount of waste going to landfills by over 200 million lbs each year.