ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For the first time since Week 5 against the New England Patriots, cornerback
"He's been cleared to play," Head Coach John Fox said. "He'll be making the trip to Kansas City with us."
Porter has been listed with full participation in both days of practice so far this week, the cornerback's first full practices since Thursday, Nov. 1.
He said on Wednesday that he's grateful to be back on the field.
"I had a great week of practice," Porter said. "I feel like my old self out there, and now it’s just a matter of the coaching staff trying to get me out there. It’ll be maybe a numbers thing. Maybe I’ll be a healthy inactive, maybe they’ll put me out there. Honestly, I don’t know.”
"You have a defense with a ton of athletes that has corners — not two corners — four or five corners who can cover any receiver in the league," Porter said. "I would line up any guy — I wouldn’t even do the whole matchup thing. I’d line up any corner against any receiver in the league, and have the confidence that they’re going to get the job done."
Porter hopes when he returns to the field, he can be part of the reason the Broncos secondary continues to fluster opposing offenses.
He said he hasn't experienced any symptoms related to an August seizure in "maybe two to three weeks."
"God has been good through this whole thing," he said. "I looked at it as a lesson as Him trying to teach me something to get me to step back and open my eyes to something new. I think He has done that. Like I said, it’s just a lesson that He is teaching me and that I have to learn from and grow from as a man. I’ve been doing a good job in learning the lesson.”