Aqib Talibhad a few strong plays on Monday, first with a nice pass break up during team drills and he later intercepted Brock Osweilerduring 7-on-7s. Omar Boldenwas a force on defense as well. With good pressure on Virgil Green, he forced an incompletion. On Cody Latimer’s in-route, Bolden was aggressive and had a similar pass break up on a dart from Peyton Manning.
- On a corner route, Latimer got the better of
Jordan Sullenand pulled in a pass from Dysert. Demaryius Thomasdominated during 1-on-1s. Though Tony Carterwas called for holding, Thomas was still able to jump up in the back of the end zone for the score.
- The other Thomas also had a nice day, with
T.J. Wardon him in tight coverage, Julius Thomaspulled in a catch on an in-route. Despite a very physical battle with Jerome Murphyduring red zone 1-on-1s, Thomas showed his toughness by sticking with his route and making a touchdown catch.
- While Murphy was beat by Thomas, he also made some key tackles on Monday- including one on
Kapri Bibbsand one on Latimer.
- The defensive line was strong all day. The running backs were often stopped at or near the line of scrimmage by the dynamic, and deep, defensive line. In one session,
Von Millerand Lerentee McCray“sacked” Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler, respectively on consecutive plays.
- The defense as a whole made a great play as Miller “sacked” Manning. No. 18 still got the pass off intended for Julius Thomas, but
Rahim Moore, whose size does not match Thomas’, was able to jump up in unison with him for a pass break up. Juwan Thompson, who has been a consistent threat all offseason, made a nice run around the edge during team drills. C.J. Andersonalso showed his consistency while connecting with Osweiler for consecutive receptions. Cameron Morrahmade a great catch on a corner route and he connected with Dysert on a few occasions throughout the day.
- During special teams drills, Rahim Moore was practicing backpedaling up the hill where fans will be sitting during training camp next season.
- Thompson, Burse and
Emmanuel Sanderswere the last three players working after practice.