- The second day of joint practice began with a red zone period. On the second play,
Peyton Manningfound Julius Thomason a fade route in the left corner of the end zone. The following play, Demaryius Thomasgot the better of Brandon Harris for another score on a crossing route on the right side. Isaiah Bursehad an excellent day today, pulling in multiple touchdown catches. During that same drill, he and Brock Osweilerconnected on an out route just inside the end zone and on the next play he hauled in another score.
- While Burse’s practice stood out, Demaryius Thomas was Manning’s go-to target throughout the day with multiple catches. During 7-on-7s, he connected with Manning for a touchdown catch on Brandon Harris. Manning later found Thomas for consecutive receptions, including one where he reached back with one hand for the snag.
- During 1-on-1s,
Louis Youngand EZ Nwachukwu had great battles- with Young knocking it out of his hands during one matchup and Nwachukwu hauling in a touchdown catch on another. Lerentee McCraydominated his opponents during 1-on-1s. Vinston Painterand Will Montgomeryalso found success during 1-on-1s. Chris Clarkand J.J. Watt had physical battles throughout the drill. Nate Irvingintercepted Ryan Fitzpatrick and, with a spin move, was able to gain yardage in the open field. Tony Carterpicked off Case Keenum during team drills. Brennan Clayhad a nice run for approximately 15 yards until he was eventually tackled by Eddie Pleasant.
- The Broncos’ offensive line held their own against the likes of Watt and Jadeveon Clowney, allowing the Texans very few opportunities to break through and creating holes for
Ronnie Hillmanand C.J. Anderson. Cody Latimerhad the play of the day as he leapt off the ground, fully extending his right hand behind him to pull in the ball in the back of the end zone as Andre Hal challenged him. John Boyettprevented a Texans touchdown later during red zone drills. As Anthony Denham was coming down with the ball, Boyett was aggressive and knocked it out of his hands.
- Broncos newcomers
Aqib Taliband T.J. Wardhad nice plays later in the day. Ward tipped a pass intended for Garrett Graham, negating what would have been about a 20 yard gain. With excellent coverage, Talib prevented a DeVier Posey catch. Greg Wilson, one of Brock Osweiler’s favorite targets during camp, scored off a fly route with Jawanza Starling following close behind. Zac Dysertconnected with Bennie Fowlerfor a deep catch downfield.
- A pass by Dysert was batted at the line by Keith Browner, and
Michael Schofieldcaught it in stride and, without hesitation, ran the ball approximately four yards.
- Tuesday is the only day of joint practices that the teams will be in full pads.
Montee Ballparticipated in a handful of team drills.